A survey has made Nottm the 10th happiest to live in the UK,It got me thinking that all the bad press we get doesnt really bother us,i lived down south for 10 years and have spent time in most parts of the country,there are some lovely places and people in the UK,BUT NOTTM always pulled me back its the roots thing.and family.

Having said that,the survey only refered to the UK,if i got the chance to live on a hillside in southern Spain,

I WOULD BE OFF LIKE A SHOT. :hand:

I am a happy geezer and it has nothing to do with where I live. I am cash poor, have a clapped out car and not a lot of money coming in, also not in best of health. BUT! I have a lovely missis. 2 sons to be proud of and 5 lovely grand kids. And they are all in reasonable health.

• Upvote 9

I am a happy geezer and it has nothing to do with where I live. I am cash poor, have a clapped out car and not a lot of money coming in, also not in best of health. BUT! I have a lovely missis. 2 sons to be proud of and 5 lovely grand kids. And they are all in reasonable health.

contentment bilbraborn,who could ask for anything more,as the song goes, NICE ONE !

Nottingham the 10th happiest to live in the UK, and Bingham named as the best place in England and Wales to bring up a family.

So why is it I see so many long, cheesed off faces when I go home ? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Forest had probably missed out on promotion AGAIN!!

Very likely. I went to watch them play Doncaster last Saturday and it didn't look promising :( Let's hope they can beat Derby tomorrow! I'll be watching in the Bank in Market Square with the family :)

• Upvote 1

Very likely. I went to watch them play Doncaster last Saturday and it didn't look promising :( Let's hope they can beat Derby tomorrow! I'll be watching in the Bank in Market Square with the family :)

Do Banks have TVs these days ? Amazing !

And Beer Pumps shame I dont drink anymore, mind you the opening hours would be crap anyway. No beers Saturday Afternoon or Sunday, not to mention bank holidays.

• Upvote 1

Haha! The long queues in them would make them a hell of a lot more entertaining if they did :P

Enjoy the match Mel,but dont BANK :biggrin: on Forest win.

Thanks Benjamin!! I won't hold my breath! And of course I love the old humor, I'm easily amused :D

Nottingham the 10th happiest to live in the UK, and Bingham named as the best place in England and Wales to bring up a family.

So why is it I see so many long, cheesed off faces when I go home ? :)

you dont go to the right places

Damn Sheep !!!!!!!

A somewhat "disappointing" result, made even more painful by the fact it was televised, though sad to say I left after the third goal and switched over to watch England's T20 resurgence !

Can anyone explain why a manager is sacked because the team a`int winning then go out and appoint someone who has been sacked on numerous occasions from other clubs for exactly the same reason?

• Upvote 2

I was a season ticket holder for twenty eight years, but have only been once since Paul Hart was sacked.

I actually think Billy talked himself out of a job and into a big pay off.

• Upvote 2