• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate that everyone has their own taste in music. As a 60's teenager I was not that bothered about the Merseysound and I don't think I had any LPs other than The Beatles. I really loved Motow

Yes FLY, there are lots of singers, bands, people, politicians, habits that most of us can't abide but why make bilious comments. All it does it make us appear to be miserable sods. Best to keep qui

I saw the Faces at Nottingham University back in 1970 when they were really exciting and original. He was handing out bottles of wine but wouldn't give me any because I had smuggled in a pint of Newcc

Rod's early stuff was great, it's a shame he didn't stick to his roots from the latter seventies onwards. Loads of people like his crooner style. I still think he's alright though and if he's had a lot of women, it was their choice.

• Upvote 3

He's crap and his music is crap.............

• Upvote 1

As lizzie says,would'nt do for us to be the same,ive always thought hes great with a unique voice,funny thing is i always likened 'Bonny Tylers' voice very similar,........there was a lad i was at school with who i thought looked a lot like him............Frankie Smith.lol.

As long as it wasn't a lad who looked like Bonnie Tyler.

It might be these day though. Ahem !!!!!!

As TBI says, Rod has had a lot of women, and it's their choice. I've checked the list, and in to main they certainly aren't young gullible starry eyed bimbos.

Jelly Johnson, Kim McLagan, Vicki Hodge, Dee Harrington, Britt Ekland, Susan Geothe, Joanna Lumley, Alana Hamilton and Kelly Emberg........ Well !!!!!

That's because the current one would cut his..... Bits off !!!!!!!

A nice cuppa.... Was that before, during or after .LOL

I prefer mine before!

I'm sticking to LizzieM and her initial post,I would have given £200 to see that gig last night.I missed Mott The Hoople and regret it. When my older Brother moved out to 2nd Avenue, he only left 3 things behind.. this was'74,a gatefold copy of 'Strictly Personal' by Cpt Beefheart,'Fire' by Arthur Brown and 'Sha LA LA Lee/Grow Your Own' on Ffrr Decca. Which I played to death!! This started a life long love of The Small Faces and have loads of French EPs too,'In Merourium' is a German Lp that is worth a pretty penny now. Progressed to the Faces later and 'Debris' is a soundtrack song to my life!! To have seen Kenney whacking that pearl kit and Ronnie sliding that Gibbo on' Gasoline Alley'...priceless... E TO D man!!!!!

As lizzie says,would'nt do for us to be the same,ive always thought hes great with a unique voice,funny thing is i always likened 'Bonny Tylers' voice very similar,........there was a lad i was at school with who i thought looked a lot like him............Frankie Smith.lol.

Frank Smith didn't look like him at all.........He was a cute guy when I knew him, Rod Stewart was skinny and ugly, awful bloke......

• Upvote 2

I saw an interview with Rod, where he was asked about all his women and s****ing. He said he'd got tired of it all many years ago and now prefers a nice cuppa!

That's cos he's old and passed it.......

Rod's early stuff was great, it's a shame he didn't stick to his roots from the latter seventies onwards. Loads of people like his crooner style. I still think he's alright though and if he's had a lot of women, it was their choice.

Some women are easily pleased.........

That's because the current one would cut his..... Bits off !!!!!!!

A nice cuppa.... Was that before, during or after .LOL

I prefer mine before!

Yes, I bet Penny Lancaster could duff him up with one hand behind her back.

As regards a cuppa, I find I like to start with one, have another in the middle and then I'm ready for a couple at the end. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Me an'all mate,

.....but i'd never admit it,...............and always used an Ashtray being the Gent i am,..lol.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Great song Ian, try Johnny Langs version on utube.