So much undeserved animosity towards Rod. I can't understand it. He's never done anyone any harm, and manages to bring a smile to our 'Faces' which is always a good thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate that everyone has their own taste in music. As a 60's teenager I was not that bothered about the Merseysound and I don't think I had any LPs other than The Beatles. I really loved Motow

Yes FLY, there are lots of singers, bands, people, politicians, habits that most of us can't abide but why make bilious comments. All it does it make us appear to be miserable sods. Best to keep qui

I saw the Faces at Nottingham University back in 1970 when they were really exciting and original. He was handing out bottles of wine but wouldn't give me any because I had smuggled in a pint of Newcc

I saw Rod with the Jeff Beck Band at the Beachcomber. More than once as I recall. Excellent blues/R&B singer back thenl. I also love his version of Handbags and Gladrags, which was closely copied by some bunch of spotty kids a few years ago. Rod's version knocked Chris Farlowe's version into a cocked hat.

Also liked his work with the Faces, but the last album purchase was Smiler. I didn't go for the Leopard Skin leggings look. (Well... only in private....

:rotfl: )

Col

• Upvote 2

Couldn't abide Elvis at any price. He always came across as an oily mardy mommas boy.

You tell him Lizzie, I'm right behind you.

• Upvote 1

Yes FLY, there are lots of singers, bands, people, politicians, habits that most of us can't abide but why make bilious comments. All it does it make us appear to be miserable sods. Best to keep quiet.

• Upvote 5

I like Cliff Richard, but then I was around in the late 50's when he became popular.........his first records and films were great

• Upvote 2

By the way lizzie most of my comments are meant tongue in cheek I personally don't put any so called stars on pedastalls,people I respect are hard working people that don't have life easy if that makes me miserable so be it,I mean to offend no one ,if you can praise someone you like why can I not disagree.

Roderator the moderator might step in 'ere..nice to see "passion" about the man himself, must "cut across shorty" now as I'm taking Daughter into town,could be "Borstal Boys " about, and we all know trouble makers come in on a"Downtown train".." First cut is the Deepest" and she is only out for 2 hours " tonight's the night" she said and I'm not looking for a " helicopter ride". Guess " Blondes have more fun".....