Thanks people I thought I was right but as they say 'measure twice'. All being well I will start building the base board next week having finally cleared the shed of carp.

Fly just a question have you heard anymore about the shooting at the junction of Hucknall road and Arnold road the other night:rolleyes:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very old friend of ours has had this model railway set up in the basement of his various homes around the United States. Thought some of you may be interested to see a few pics. [/url]

Well just returned from the exhibition, very interesting to see what some people have achieved with such a small scale. Tons of books on all sorts of railways could have spent a fortune, luckily left

No NBL, I only know what madam has told me that was on the lunchtime news the other day, as I've been laid up with the lurgi all week. 

Evidently there were two lads, 15, and 18 in one car, and a chap in his 30's in the other. The law assumed it was an RTA, until a gun was found, and they found out that shots had been fired. I thought those sort of occurances had ceased around here. 

I must remember not to engage in road rage sigh language any more !

• Like 1

Doc came this evening, and put me on a week's supply of antibiotics, so that's put the mockers on NYE merriment. I've been in bed since Christmas afternoon, I'm certain I can drag it out two more days.

You're lucky. I feel crap, but STILL breathing !

NBL, have you checked out Leicester South layout on utube yet. Some great stuff. 

NBL, if your forte is electronics, then mine is authenticity of locomotives and stock. I can get by with relatively moderate wiring etc, and  ok at scenery, but when mine eventually gets going, it'll be everything I've seen through Notts Vic between 58 - 62. I may even try and work out a simple but realistic timetable. 

I think I've mentioned previously, that mine would hopefully be near Kirkby South Junction, with a station layout similar to Daybrook. 

I also halfway through weathering my stock too, as it is important that they look authentic. 

Just saw a programme advertised that will interest you Model Railway folk.  

‘The Biggest Little Railway in the World’ on Channel 4 this Sunday night at 8pm.  Apparently it’s about a 71 mile model train track, laid across Scotland.   Possibly of interest to train set enthusiasts as well as fans of Scotland.  

Blimey, I'll give that a watch !

Thanks to Lizzie and her timely reminder I have episode 1 recorded.

Quite funny really I have recently watched and episode of Escape to the Chateau and remarked to my lady the way his wife is spending money Dick will have to get some more TV work and bugger me here he is......

• Upvote 1

Very ambitious, and enjoyable viewing.

It was interesting, but teamwork was totally lacking amongst the so called experts. Never mind, we'll see how things progress next week.

Just purchased some MK1, and Gresley sleeping carriages on eBay,  as I intend to incorporate the diverted Euston - Manchester sleeper into my timetable. ... I really must make a sustained effort, and get the bleddy thing constructed !

You'll probably end up needing glasses like jam jar bottoms too !

38 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

You'll probably end up needing glasses like jam jar bottoms too !

I had new lenses implanted into my eyes a couple of years ago. Unbelievable difference in my eyesight and I only need weak (+2.25) glasses for reading - and I'm in my 70's.

It's a quick operation in which an incision is made on the edge of the cornea, a probe inserted and the existing lens is "emulsified" by ultrasonics and removed. A new plastic lens is inserted, a dressing and patch put over the eye and off you go. You can take the dressing off the next day and possibly not see much of a difference in vision but over three or four days you will see it was all worth it.

It's totally painless. The only sensation you get is a slight "push" as the knife cuts into the eyeball.

• Like 1

Oh God ! I've just wee'd myself thinking about it ! LOL