Spring is on its way...

Spring is on its way and the Alder catkins are elongating before opening to disperse their pollen:

IMG_9539.JPG?gl=GB

It certainly must be spring. We have just returned from a ride out to the Clee Hills, where we sat and had a picnic and looked at the wonderful natural beauty of the place. Followed by a delicious icecream at Bridgenorth. Two places I can recommend for a visit if you want somewhere different. The nice weather certainly brought the crowds out.

Yes it's spring! A friend of mine ate some daffodil bulbs in mistake for onions in winter and ended up in hospital. He tells me he should be out soon.

• Upvote 1

17C today, whoopee!! Been for a walk around Fiskerton and along the Trent with the dogs, it was great to get out in the sunshine and then have a drink outside the newly refurbished Bromley Arms.

Washed the polytunnel and greenhouse in the warm sunshine before sowing meadow flower seeds today.

Pond fish looking like they are in breeding mode - Spring must be nearby.

certainly brought the crowds into derbyshire yesterday every were we went it was so busy we could not find anywere to park so inthe end only got out the car once and that was in baslow to go to the low and get a quick ice cream but the having work doneon rds and paths there at the moment so could not get anywere on my scooter if it stays nice tomorow we might get out somewere so that i can get out on my scooter befor i go in for my op on wednessdaycuz we dont know how i will be feeling after my op for a few days might be too sore to sit in the car for long journeys

We have been away for the week, down to Lingfield racecourse, staying in the caravan, for some essential training before we go away for our Big Adventure working for the Caravan Club this year (We have jumped ship from the Camping and Caravanning Club as the Caravan Club have much better facilities for their staff). Had a great time and on our return today I was amazed at the show of daffodils along the side of the road, they were just green stalks when we left last Wednesday!

It was lovely to hear two skylarks singing away on Sunday too, as I did my tractor training, despite planes coming in to land at Gatwick continuously!

Been to Skeggy today, clear blue skies, bit of a chilly wind but had a lovely few hours in the sea air and the dogs loved running around on the near deserted beach.