Landscape Opps near Nottingham

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did someone mention the Arboretum ?

Another Embankment shot. Wollaton Hall. Nottm Canal.

Just love Nottingham Rog

• 7 months later...

Mellisajkelly #25, like to thank you for this pic, went to Aboretum school in the 50s, saw this monument every day i went, been so long forgot about it, nice seeing it again, might prompt me into visiting the arboretum again soon

• Upvote 1

Is it me??? But I find colours more vibrant from a high quality digital photo, than on my old 35mm film SLR? My cousin argues different, he's semi pro, but has converted to digital.

What does Mick think, as he was a Pro in his profession.

It's always interesting the comparison between digital and the owd ways. 35mm photography has the edge, same as vinyl has always been better than CDs. But the modern stuff is so much easier to use.

I agree with your cousin, If I could afford the costs I would still use 35mm film. The shot you take at that moment is frozen in time but with the help of digital photographs it can be changed, dramatically.

Of course the advantage with digital is that you can take endless shots of the same subject until you have captured the 'perfect' shot at no costs.

There is for and against both methods, I always use digital because its convenient and cheap.

#35 Robbie.

Thank you for your kind words ! I have to be honest & say more down to luck than anything !

For every decent shot there must be hundreds that get deleted. i only wish digital potography had been invented 40 years ago !

Film photography could be so expensive.

I much prefer the colour of digital over 35mm film, to me it's so vivid and lifelike, I took hundreds of 35mm with the three SLR's I had, and my Nikon beats all three hands down, plus as Catfan says, you can take them, see them, and if not happy, retake them.

I've enlarged a photo in RAW and just couldn't believe how far I could enlarge before it pixelated.

I too would have taken thousands had I had this camera years ago, the cost outlay of an DSLR far outweighs the costs of film processing, just wished my budget could stretch to more "glass".

I must say I prefer digital purely because its so easy and cheap and as been pointed out you can take a dozen shots of the same subject until you get what you want at no extra cost.

As I look over my shoulder I can see my old camera bag, inside are the following Olympus OM10 with 50mm lens, Olympus 28mm lens, Vivitar 85mm to 205mm telephoto lens, lens shield, Miranda multi-dedicated flashgun and an unused cassette of 35mm film.

All that has now been replaced by a cheapo digital that fits comfortably in my pocket with its own zoom, flash and macro facility. When your photography skills are as poor as mine its a much better option.

Corel Paintshop Pro X then the number of the latest version is pretty cheap, mines the X3 version, so really need to upgrade. It works fine for RAW. Check Amazon's price of Paintshop, half the price that Corel sells it for, but that's them looking after their distributors.