• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So...Mick, are you saying the missing plane could have landed at Ingoldmells ? !

Hijacked by aliens.

I thought that here in the 21st century we had sophisticated systems that could track where an aircraft was flying? We're now hearing that the standard communication systems on the flight were delibe

Anyone who has watched the series LOST on the telly, is most likely hoping it crashed on an island and they live on there for the next 6 years! But in reality, it's one darn big mystery, Why no wreckage yet? Why did it change course, why did they turn off the transponders? Why did it fly for the next four hours after that? Hmmm.

The Chinese shot it down.

Hijacked by aliens.

Thats my theory Brian ,both being from Bulwell Brian youre AS DAFT AS ME :biggrin:

I think the plane was flown to North Korea, flying time from where it disappeared off the radar to N Korea would be around 5 hours.

Doubt it...I wouldn't imagine a sparrow could enter or leave N.Korea without the Yanks knowing about it.

It could be lost for years in the vast area of the Indian Ocean.The Earth is still a big place.

I thought that here in the 21st century we had sophisticated systems that could track where an aircraft was flying?

We're now hearing that the standard communication systems on the flight were deliberately turned off, but don't the surrounding countries have radar to track objects moving into their airspace ? They must have seen it's path.

Don't Rolls Royce have an engine monitoring system that tracks the performance of all of their engines in flight ?

(I'm assuming that the 777 was fitted with Trent engines).

7 days after the flight disappeared we're being told that the satellite 'pinging' system showed that the plane was still flying 5 hours after it shut off communication.

Sounds to me like the aviation world needs to get it's act together and gather all the available information from the surrounding countries, the support sources and the military. Only by collating the mass of data that is available will they be able to find the thing.

A jet engine with 293 people on board doesn't just disappear.

• Upvote 2

It's on a secret mission to take over the DPRK......LOL

The news stated that RR data from Derby has been forwarded.

Apparently there is a 24 hour monitoring centre in Derby receiving data from all engines in flight.

Yes. I saw a program about that a couple of months ago. The engine is continuously monitored as part of the warranty/guarantee. If the engine parameters change for the worse the call centre is notified and parts ordered so that the plane is on the ground no more than necessary.

There can be all sorts of theories but I think there are people over in those parts who know more than they are letting on. Time will tell.

• Upvote 2

Seems odd to me that they suddenly tell us the aircraft turned about 180 degs off course. I reckon it's been high jacked and told to fly to East MIdlands airport!

• Upvote 1

once the transponder is off - the only things that can spot a plane is primary radar , WW2 era, which looks for metal things in the sky. It cannot identify such things. Very little of the earth's surface, including overland, is covered by this.

They say it was sending a signal to a satellite every hour as the satellite passed over that spot, or pinging as they say. Still a bloody mystery though.