• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So...Mick, are you saying the missing plane could have landed at Ingoldmells ? !

Hijacked by aliens.

I thought that here in the 21st century we had sophisticated systems that could track where an aircraft was flying? We're now hearing that the standard communication systems on the flight were delibe

Whatever has happened to that plane there is something extremely dodgy about it all. God willing all the passengers are okay though!

Very unlikely I would suggest that anyone is still alive, unfortunately.

This link below is interesting - especially the fact that the pilot may have been a supporter of an opposition political party and possibly attended a court hearing a few hours before the flight when an opposition leader was jailed for 5 years

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11224831

If it is the pilot making the ultimate gesture about the state of Malaysian democracy I understand,-but how did he overcome the co-pilot,-unless he was in cahoots. Only other thought would be a 3rd party,but for what reason if they are all lost.

If it is the pilot making the ultimate gesture about the state of Malaysian democracy I understand,-but how did he overcome the co-pilot,

We may never know - apparently only the last 2 hours of cockpit recordings are on tape at any one time, so whatever was said or done will likely have been overwritten long before the end of the flight.

PERTH, Australia (AP) — A Chinese plane on Monday spotted two white, square-shaped objects in an area identified by satellite imagery as containing possible debris from the missing Malaysian airliner, while the United States separately prepared to send a specialized device that can locate black boxes.

The crew aboard an IL-76 plane sighted the object in the southern Indian Ocean and reported the coordinates to the Australian command center, which is coordinating the multinational search, as well as the Chinese icebreaker Snow Dragon, which is en route to the area, China's Xinhua News Agency reported.

The spotters saw two larger floating objects and some smaller, white debris scattered over several square miles, the report said. It gave no other details.

From BBC news today.

The plane is now thought to have flown at higher speed than first thought.

Sounds like the pilots flew the aircraft at top speed below radar until it ran out of fuel.

Passengers would know nothing was wrong until the plane ran out of fuel and plummeted into the sea.

Hence no outgoing mobile p[hone calls!

Sounds right, but either factor effects range.

By now due to wind/ocean currents the position of any debris is meaningless in locating the plane

A lot is being said about debris being sighted floating around in the Indian Ocean but strangely, to date, there has been no confirmation that any of it can be attributed to MH370.

There was even one report of a sunken freighter sighted floating just below the surface of the ocean and the outline of the bridge could clearly be seen! That report was lodged by the civilian media team aboard the US search plane.

One thing is fact......there is a hell of a lot of rubbish floating out there in the Indian Ocean!

Supposing they are in time to detect the location of the black box (which I believe isn't black). If it is thousands of feet down in the Indian Ocean, how are they going to retrieve it? I think finding a needle in a haystack would be much easier.

A good quote the other day.

"Its like trying to find a needle in a haystack... and we have yet to find the haystack"

Incidentally the Police Helicopter that crashed in Glasgow in November was recovered shortly after, with the 'Black Box'

After four months all AAIB are telling us is "Both engines failed"

No fuel comes to mind.