Remember when or who?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never been a big fan of film stars or celebrities. I made an exception for one, but she has always ignored me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_George_(actress)

My very first crush was Wendy Craig in Mother Makes Three. Crazy eh? I was about 12.

Esther Williams. Triggered an avid interest in synchronized swimming (among other things) ;-)

#2 didnt notice earlier topic on tv"s cliff ton,we"ll just keep it to ist CRUSH hey, :biggrin:

Bridgette Bardot, Kim Novak, Jill St John, Stephanie Beecham, Jane Fonda, Marianne Faithfull, I couldn't take to the Doris Day "goody goody" types.

• Upvote 1

Not going to mention my first crush by name in case he's ever lurking on Nottstalgia! He was a neighbour, a year older than me and went to Henry Mellish. We went on bike rides together, all very innocent. When he was 14 he moved with his family to Ilfracombe to keep an hotel. About 10 years ago he found me on Friends Reunited, we kept in touch for a while but he's disappeared now.

Never been a big fan of film stars or celebrities. I made an exception for one, but she has always ignored me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_George_(actress)

You should have been with me on the 3 occasions I've been sort of in her company Kev. The first was in 1975 when I was helping my sister-in-law working on a film at Haddon Hall. We were staying in the Victoria Hotel, as were all the cast members, except Oliver Reed who was chucked out for wrecking the bar on the first night. She was in the lift snogging Patrick Wayne (John's son). They were really going at it, I didn't know where to look!

The next time I saw here was at the Royal Albert Hall, she was with her husband in a box next to us and sitting with Joan Collins and her toy boy husband.

Third time was at Bicester Village, sitting having a coffee and sandwich on the next table.

She was, and still is lovely.

My first crush was my year one teacher at Carlton Central Primary school 1953 or 4 Miss Marshall. She was young for a teacher of that period.

I remember sitting in class not being able to take my eyes off her. Fell in love with her. Cried when I went to year two. When I started school it was still close to the end of the war and most of the teachers were old. Miss Marshall was like breathe of fresh air. She is also the only teachers name I can remember, so she must have had some impact on me.

My very first crush was Wendy Craig in Mother Makes Three. Crazy eh? I was about 12.

YOU must be alot younger than most on hear Bilboro lad,unless you didnt get your 1st crush till you were about 35 :biggrin:

mind you my memorys not what it was :)

Actually I was in Australia when that came out and had left school, So it must have been "Not in front of the children," that I'm thinking about.

I guess "and Mother makes a Threesome" must have been some latter day fantasy. Sorry about that.

• Upvote 1

That sounds about right :biggrin: We used to wrap our arms round ourselves and move our hands around on our backs, to him singing "Dance In The Old Fashioned Way"! It looked like you were having a smoochy dance from the back. I think he did it himself to that song. :huh: :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

quite liked elvis and billy fury but would not say i realy hada crushon them. were a couple of local lads i had a bit of a crush on but one date with them and i thought what the hell did i see in him never went out with them again.