Just happened on this , a new TV channel for the Notts area starting in May .

http://www.nottstv.com/news?id=36

Says you just have to retune your Freeview to get it on Channel 8 , so I presume in darkest Cornwall we will be able to see it ? I don't quite get how its funded so presume it will have commercials .

Perhaps they will be scanning these pages for articles ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope they have weather reports so we can see what it's like over Bills mothers.

Then there could be a children's programme called "Watch with Bill's mother."

Does anyone remember a TV series from the early 1970s hosted by Dennis Norden? It was called "Looks Familiar" and was devoted to middle aged types reminiscing about the inter-war and war years. Well

Theres a tweet that they are in talks with Sky and Virgin .

They have already done some filming for programmes . One seems to be at a place called Anchor Supplies who advertise that they sell survival equipment ......so lets hope that they ....ermmmm Survive !

I don't think it will be council propaganda, it will be worse than that. It will be ultra-local news and features telling you things which you never realised you'd previously missed.

And now the news from the street next to you...the people at number 36 are having a new shed; and the man at 15 is planning to clean his car on Sunday.

Not sure how you make it into scheduled programmes but nostalgia , as on here , does seem very popular at the moment . Not that I need to tell anyone here , that !

Where I have now lived for over 30 years , a facebook page started about 2 weeks ago , just dealing with nostalgia in the town has gone absolutely ballistic . The town has a population of 20,000 and in two weeks , this facebook page has rapidly expanded to 4500 members ! Getting on for 25% of the local population and not all of those will have computers .

The main subjects are pretty much the same as here , schools, forgotten shops and employers , old street scenes ,local characters etc . Most carry peoples personal photos . Different probably for a smaller town , as everybody knows or can connect to everyone else and many former friendships have been renewed . Majority of those posting are in their 30s and 40s .

How you would make it good TV ....I dunno !

• 1 month later...

Has it started yet ?

Think that it must be a localised broadcast only , as just retuned our Freeview and nothing is showing up on our Channel 8 .

It will be broadcast from Waltham & Nottingham (Kimberley) TV transmitters only as far as I know, it will be low power (5kw waltham & 100 watts Nottingham) but it'll be using QSPK instead of 64 QAM so that will help. If you don't get East Midlands Today or Central News East then you're buggered, still try a re-tune though as you might get it off a sidelobe on your aerial..

The guy on the left? His face is familiar to me?

Posted Image

Notts TV consortium executives: Garry Smith, NTU, Mike Sassi, Nottingham Post, Penny Linfield, Spool, Jamie Brindle, Notts TV, and Craig Chettle, Confetti Media. Photo: Nottingham Post.

Hope this helps?