Is that 100 watts ERP Steve??? If so it will be a pretty weak signal... Some of my fellow hams use 100 Watts for slow scan TV, but use stacked arrays to give them higher ERP..

QSPK is phase shift keying, sounds an odd mode for TV too.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope they have weather reports so we can see what it's like over Bills mothers.

Then there could be a children's programme called "Watch with Bill's mother."

Does anyone remember a TV series from the early 1970s hosted by Dennis Norden? It was called "Looks Familiar" and was devoted to middle aged types reminiscing about the inter-war and war years. Well

I presume its 100 watts ERP John, the other digital multiplexes are all 400 watts ERP 64 QAM or 256 QAM T2 for HD, the old analogue was 2 kw ERP. All the info is on on UK free TV website. Watlham seems a bit weird as well, 50 kw or 25 kw for SD & HD multiplexes but only 5 kw for the local one. I'm on Waltham & get strong signal on the main multiplexes but moderate on the local one. There's also an HD multiplex (BBC4 HD, Al jazeera HD ect) on Waltham that's only 1.4 kw, that also comes in moderate. The Eastwood transmitter is only 2 watts, my CB was more powerful than that, lol.. :)

Sounds about right then Steve, even 100W ERP isn't a lot, my 100W ham transceiver is rated 100W, but on my multi element antenna it's around 1000 Watts ERP..All theory, as it's still 100 watts either way you look at it....LOL

Went Victoria retail park in Netherfield yesterday to see two of their rubber duckies casually on one of the trees. We took a pic + shared it as it said on the bottom of em. At first we thought a kid must of left them behind!

I still use that phrase "Its looking black over Bill's Mother's" (Mother NOT pronounced muther... but Mother!)

No one has a clue what I'm talking about but thats fine with me.

Notts TV will be a good thing. I wont be able to see it but I wish I could. There must be an internet feed available somehow.

Does anyone remember a TV series from the early 1970s hosted by Dennis Norden? It was called "Looks Familiar" and was devoted to middle aged types reminiscing about the inter-war and war years.

Well if Notts TV need some ultra-cheap programming all they need do is scour these forums for topics and then invite some Nottstalgians down to the studio. Easy peasy.

• Upvote 2

Interesting snippet from Left Lion article about one of the programmes due to appear on Notts TV when it launches next week:

Now and Then

“I came to live in Nottingham about thirteen years ago and I felt I had been sledge hammered in the face with the legacy and history of this area.” Jamie told us. Now and Then will use local experts to investigate how the city’s past has shaped life in Nottingham today. The series will include Boots, Raleigh, the effect of the World Wars, the Castle, the canals, and, no doubt, our very own (gerrof Yorkshire!) man in tights. The first programme will be exploring the history of the city’s trams and its lace industry.

http://www.leftlion.co.uk/articles.cfm/title/notts-tv/id/6603

• Upvote 1

And if there's more of Vicky McClure on it , I 'd watch , if I could ! Maybe they will put some programs on youtube for us in far away parts .

Did a manual tune & it was on TV channel 26, RF frequency 514 mgz, that's from Waltham transmitter. If your on Nottingham (Kimberley) transmitter it's on TV channel 50, RF frequency 706 mgz.. It should be on button 8 of your TV/digi-box. Not found it on the virgin cable box yet though. Not sure if carried on Freesat..

Should have started 20 mins ago , anyone viewing ?

Given that there are now 19 local TV stations sharing Freeview channel 8 (20 if you count BBC Alba), it would need a bit more bandwidth to include them on Sky.

There's also the question of them having to pay Sky to be added to the listings on Sky.

They might, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

they just posted this up - info for anyone on virgin UPDATE: After conversations with Virgin, we can confirm that Notts TV will be available on Virgin 159 from 4pm this Thursday 29th May.

We apologise for the delay!

• Upvote 1

I caught the first few programmes.

Is having just the one presenter for the teatime show a good idea? There's no opportunity to bounce off a co-host. And the seating arrangement for the guests does look a bit awkward with legs all over the place.