Denman Street

I'm pretty sure that the landlord at Sir Garnett was Lance Wright. I've spent many a happy hour (NOT) outside waiting for me mam. I reckon she had shares in the place. On your map of Denman St. CT, I believe that number 49, corner of Baldwin St., was a sweet shop cum fags and booze. Pretty sure the name was Dexters, although we kids always called it " Kastins ". The old boy used to sell penny drinks that he made up himself, bit like soda stream bottles only weaker ! Brought upĀ  round that area till I were 14, never heard of any Manchester cottages though. Course I'm talking 62 years ago. Believe an old school chum, John Vipond lived on Garfield road. Just sayin.'

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have absolutely no idea Mike lol! On another note, I found this video, thought it might be enjoyed by you fine folks here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEQNxRIPbgM

Denman Street featured a lot in my childhood. My mum was a Radford girl and Denman Street shops were her Mecca. As kids, my brother and I were given the choice. Either walk to the shops and bus back a

PTP has quite a lot of Denman Street photos. I remember it from the early 60s because my grandma often mentioned it, so it was obviously her main shopping area (along with Hartley Road which she also