• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a brand new member this is my first post,and I would like to say a warm hello to all the present members at nostalgia.com,I am nottingham born and bred,born at the city hospital in 1947.raised in c

if you comming to nottingham for a few days visit let us know when wecan arrange a meetup in town while your here we do like to meet and put a face to members old and new

and to me batesy its nice to meet the members in person maybe you can both come to nottingham when we have nottstalgias 10th birthday bash and lets see howmany members old and new we can get togethe

hello Batesy I too am very new to this but look forward to reading about your memories of carlton. My husband went to cavvo school &mytwin grandsons went to Wheldon my grand daughter now goes to the accadamy so over 60+years a lot of memories

Does anyone remember a teacher named Joe Smith,his name keeps coming back to me,but I can't place with certainty exactly who he was,I think he was the head master at cavo when I was there,also a Mr blenkinsop who was the sports teacher,also Walt Disney no less,he was a geography teacher,

• 3 months later...

welcome batesy i'm quite a new member me sen Carlton born and bred I remember as a kid going to the shop on carlton hill next to kirks beeroff, it was a grocery shop run by mr. bates if my memory serves me right it was a very long time ago about mid 40's I lived in kirks buildings me sen.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/14/2014 at 10:17 PM, piggy and babs said:

some of those names are very familiar to me, we had a mr and mrs etches live opposit us on cavendish rd had three chilldren a daughter gill a bit older than me perhaps your age two sons daryl and stephen who were a bit younger than me stephen was killed in a car accident when he was about 18

.sheperds lived on coningsworth just befor the alps opposit the school.

birds lived top of cavo all the lads known as dickie dont think any of them were called richard.

knew a couple of bullimores peter and stephen i think

kirks came from bottom end of cavo or the ones i knew did mrs ivy kirk was still wrighting letters in the evening post well into her 90s.

there were a family of cupits in netherfield might be the same family . sherrats also familiar to me.

Stephen Etches was my father in law's cousin. 

• 8 months later...
On 4/25/2014 at 10:21 PM, Batesy said:

Does anyone remember a teacher named Joe Smith,his name keeps coming back to me,but I can't place with certainty exactly who he was,I think he was the head master at cavo when I was there,also a Mr blenkinsop who was the sports teacher,also Walt Disney no less,he was a geography teacher,

Yes I remember all three  now Smith was headmaster , then we had Mr Norfolk ( pop off ) miss downhill , miss baker .