Superstitions when you were a youngster

trevor, some good ones. We were told not to put NEW shoes on the table, I still don't do that. Heaven knows what it will do to me, but I'm not taking any chances. We were also told, to give a knife as a gift, severs the friendship, and yes, I remember putting a penny inside a purse when giving it as a gift. As for the magpie, was over recently and kept seeing just 1, and was saying to myself, come in number 2 your time is up. But I only kept seeing 1. I think I'm doomed!

• Upvote 1

WHICH WAY DID YOU GO TO MATLOCK? I Worked for Balls & balls many years ago on contract!i told the copper who stopped me for speeding my name was Wankinbrake,he rang the company and asked "do you have a wankinbrake there" the reply he got was "wankinbrake?we dont have time for a tea break"

JOKE,sorry,

Would that be The Excavator? Pub on the left just after, or at the lights. A road goes off to the left up the hill?

Katyjay...re #26:

With magpies, the belief is that one is for sorrow, 2 for joy, 3 for a girl, 4 for a boy, 5 for silver, 6 for gold, 7 for a secret never to be told.

However, seeing a single crow is held to be very unlucky but 2 mean good luck,3 means health,4 means wealth,5 is sickness and 6 mean death!

Not a bulldozer or an excavator,it was a small backhoe JCB, I think it was moved about 8 years ago, might have gone to "JCB world" somewhere in Staffordshire

Rog

As crows are very singular birds there's not much hope for any of us, the most I have ever seen together were 3. One parent bird and two youngsters....she was teaching them how to launch themselves at our spare bedroom window from the shed roof, a trick she practised most mornings!

Now rooks, they like to stick together in groups.....