Barnze

Thanks for letting us know about the Gut and Gore Tour. It sounds just what we are looking for. We are bringing our Son and his Partner to Nottingham for two nights in May and I know he will really enjoy the tour. Brilliant, I hope it is as interesting as the York Ghost Walks, I will join in as well, seeing as I worked in the Lace Market before I left Nottingham. :)

• Upvote 1

Will do. Is this new or have I just never seen it before. We bring our son to Nottingham 2/3 times a year, just for the day and he loves the City. I am sure he would have gone on the tour if he knew about it.

That would be great, but it could be awkward for some Nottstalgians, being a Weekend Night. We can only bring them for Fri/Sat nights because they can't get time of work in the week. Nice thought though. :biggrin:

We are coming to Nottingham on the Friday Morning and leaving again on the Sunday Morning. The Weekend is already booked for them, with or without the tour, It is our Christmas Present to them. I will get in touch with the tour people and see what the arrangements are. It would be interesting, but not essential. We have booked for 16th/17th May, we have to bring them on those dates now because they have made arrangements.

• Upvote 1

One of the houses, we were informed an old lady had died in the front bedroom when we moved in. We never told the kids as they were very young. However my youngest used to tell us he felt someone following him up the stairs every time he went up. It all came to a head one night when my friends daughter stayed to give her a break from her younger siblings. She was about 15 years old at the time and knew absolutely nothing about the old lady. I was on night shift but my wife heard her talking in the early hours. Next morning my wife asked her if she often talked in her sleep. She replied 'No! I was talking to the old lady who was sitting on my bed' She never stayed again.

• Upvote 1

Then there was the time I took some photos in the old church at Weybourne in Norfolk. I have always loved old buildings and when I photographed that altar in summer 1985 there was no-one at all in the church. When I had the photos processed, the first thing I noticed was a little girl kneeling at the altar. I must say it sent shivers up my spine. The latest haunting is the smell of perfume in the room. It is the smell of some sort of scent which no one in our family ever uses.

I don't need a ghost tour. The last two houses I have lived in were both haunted.

Same here Bilbraborn,when we lived in Old Basford my daughter was two and always told us about a smiling old lady who used to sit on the end of her bed,even now she remembers her.

• Upvote 3