Hello from Netherfield girl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just want to thank you all for the warm welcome x

New to this site so hi everyone, its been years since I have been to Nottingham, lived in Netherfield forester street close to Chandos street, used to go to Curzon street playground there was a ch

I lived in Nottigham from September 1977 to July 1979. I was a student at Arnold & Carlton College of FE. I've been living in the US for the past 35 years. In Seattle the last 12 years. I stil

Welcome SheilaT, a lot of Nottstalgia members spent their early years in Netherfield, me included! I also went to Ashwell Street school but left when I was 8 years old in 1958, then moved to Arnold

hi sheila like you i went to aswell st then carlton girls how old are you im 63 lived in netherfield till i was 13 then moved to carlton but still went to station rd school wellcome to nottalgia i remember several sheilas from netherfield , sheila huggins, sheila rowley, sheila payne ,sheila dethridge, sheila cartlidge. was a popular name at the time.

babs

there is a bit of a thread on carlton girls school on here please add your memories to it you will also find a few threads on netherfield so look forward to your imput on themas lizzie says quite a few on here who lived in netherfield and carlton or gedling soyou never know who you might come across that you know

babs

loppy lugs posted a class photo of his class my sister kath was on it as well as lots of other people i knew between us we just about named every one on the photo.although loppylugs had already done a good job to start with

Must be still on here, Babs. I never took it down but I can't remember which thread now. Oh the joys of getting older.

This one ? Towards bottom of page .

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2240&page=2

thanks to loppy lugs and david w for finding it forus just been through the post again and of course looking at the photo our kath is so easy to recognise as is june york and georgie batesjune i think now lives gedling and both kenny and georgy bates still live carlton netherfield area.

more than likely mick or even her herself if she is one of the sheilas i mentioned

I lived on Bailey street, next door but one to the corner shop. I know Kenny Bates and George , his brother, they lived on Forester street. There was a chip shop on Forester st and we all used to sit outside on the window sill. There was John Mann, John Gregory, he lived in the shop, June Thorpe, Joyce Ibbotson, Ann Lawton, me my name was Sheila Bell , and a few more.

• Upvote 1

hi seila remember your name but not your facewhem june thorpe got married she cameto live on deabil st were i lived i was about 10at the time when her first son gary was born you may remember he had brittle bone decease and i used to take him out for walks in his pushchair my mates would take his brother and sister out couse they were frieghtened they may hurt him.used to take him to cricket fields a lot.. my friends maralyne and june commery lived on the samest as the chippy know joycie ibbotson too ..kmew a harold mann and chucky bryson who lived down there they used to pal about with my brother ray clements so they were often at our house im i right in thinking you are the sheila that organized the reunion at ashwell st school before it was pulled down i came with my sisters kath and jean and anne jackson still got the photes.think it was our kath and ann who knew you from school i think the garner sisters lived that way too ann lawton i think was jean lawtons younger sister they lived dunston st

i was 6 years younger than kath 8 years younger than jean 10 years younger than pauline and 14 years younger than our ray. so quite a bityounger than them so never knew many of there school mates june york also lived nearus she was in our kaths class . did you look at the class photp put on by dave higton or loppylugs as he is know on here..