Hello from Netherfield girl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just want to thank you all for the warm welcome x

New to this site so hi everyone, its been years since I have been to Nottingham, lived in Netherfield forester street close to Chandos street, used to go to Curzon street playground there was a ch

I lived in Nottigham from September 1977 to July 1979. I was a student at Arnold & Carlton College of FE. I've been living in the US for the past 35 years. In Seattle the last 12 years. I stil

dont know but could be or even to i think it was carni who had commery conections i understand that it was quite a common name around the area.

i never met another clements until i got into my teens then met 3 2 living in gedling and one in carlton in a space of a year or so,then in later life i met several in a few years dont think any of them were related to us my dad said he was the last boy clemets in his familymy older brother had one son and my younger brother had none sowe down to one clements boy had he is now 30 and has no children so think he may be the last clements boy in the line.

Hi Babs, I can remember Gary, June Thorpe's son but I can't remember any of her other children. You say you went to live on Deabill st, my cousin lived at 40 his name was George Ruff, he lived there all his life. Can you remember June Smith, I'm sure she married one of the Bates lads and I think they were going to live in Australia. I remember Mary Garner, she lived at the last house on Forester st. she was in my class and Geogina Glover , her dad had the butchers shop. I can remember the name Ray Clements but not his face. It was'nt me who organised the reunion it must have been Joyce Ibbotson, she did things like that, and yes Ann was Jean Lawtons younger sister, and we still see each other .

we already lived deabil st june came to live on deabil st june had gary who was the eldest then another boy and i carnt remember his name but he had lovely dark curls all over his head she then had a little girl like her older brother had loads of dark curls funny i can remember them very well but gary is the only name i can remember.i knew mr ruff as we always called him as kids was just below were we lived. can remember georgina glover and glovers butchers shop. mary garner i think was the eldest girl there were two younger sister knew kathey quite well as she went out with our ray for a whileshe was the youngest think she was about 3 years older than me and was only about 17 when she went out with him i was about 14 at the time.. i used to babysit for jean sometimes when i was younger have not seen her for about 10 years she came to live not far from me in lenton when my children were very young but we moved away then she went to live in bilborough and i only saw her once after that

• Upvote 1

i also thought of another sheila from netherfield sheila tansley lived on hogkinson st same as loppy lugs she had elder brother ron who was a teddyboy mate of our rays whein you think of it there were a lot of girls called sheila living in netherfield around that time

George's wife Glenis had a sister and she married Ron Tansley, I can't remember her name though. Can you remember Pat Merritt she lived at 42 Deabill st, I went to school with her and Irene Bush, do you remember her.,there was the Wraggs who lived down Hodgkinson st, what about the Swinscoes do you remember them, there was Colin, Dave, Maureen, Ida and a couple more who I can't think of. I'm still in touch with Ida , we phone each other and when I'm in Netherfield I nip in to see her, and Ann Lawton. I used to see Ron Tansley in his teddy boy suit walking down Victoria rd there was usually somebody with him, it must have been your Ray.

i used to go to school with pats younger brother steve. ida and her husband george lived on deabil st oposit our terreceused to run erands for ida sometimes, sandra wragg lived in burton joyce she used to work in the care home were my mum was it closed down and i think sandra retired then sheprobly still lives in burton joyce but have not seen her since mum died.. irene bush is familliar did she live godfrey sthad a much younger sister.

idas family of swincoes lives lnw terrace remember them well. there were a couple of other swinsco fammilies in netherfield no relation as far as i know..think ida livedat no 11deabil st vilolet gigglow and joyce barlow also lived on our st so many memories ot that time

yes loppy think ron was in our rays class ray would have been 77 in june hish sistersheila about 67 now know she wasolder than me but younger than our kath and you ..

sheila if you see ida remember me to hertekk her i remember her well. think ida was about same age as our pauline im sure she will remember her if not me just tell her i was the youngest of the girls

Babs,

I lived on Hardy's Drive Gedling until 1959 and there was a family with the surname Wragg, who lived on the corner of Main Road and Hardy's Drive. Could this be the same family, as the name Sandra Wragg seems familiar to me? Could be some connection as it is a fairly unusual Surname.

Batesy #26

There are Comery's in my Family, going way back. I have traced them to Thurgaton in early 1800s and then Carlton to present day. They were all over Carlton and Sneinton throughout the 18 and 1900s, but the name I am connected to is spelt Comery with one M.

Seem to remember there was a place called Wraggs organ builders on the Nottingham side of Carlton hill. Possibly on the end of Porchester road? They were the days when churches still had pipe organs rather than electronic. Wonder if they were relatives of the Nettherfield Wraggs?

Hi carni,I'm not sure how comery was spelt,the girl I knew was in my class at cavo secondary school,her name was dawn,and they lived across the road from us on coningswath,other than that I don't remember to much about them

carni dont know as far as i can remember they always lived on hogekinson st know they had at least two sons eddie was a bit older than me perhaps two years and was always hitting my little brother if we were on the st when he came home from school never tried to hit me he knew i would lamp him one when he first started senior school my little brother was only about 7 y/o he hit him one day as he passed he did not realize i was just in side the enrty with our dog kim i told the dog to get him be ran like hell down the st the dog close on his heels before he got to the top of his street the dog had hold of his trouser ares and riped them nipping him at the same time but not really biting him.his dad came up to our house sortly after playing up hell saying my dad needed to buy him new trousers my dad told him if he had not been hitting my brother the dog would not have been chasing him in the first place and if he did it again he would tell us to do it again if the dog was there. and no way was he going to buy new trousers for him and to go to police if he did not like it he went off chuntering to himself sandra later told one of my older sister he gave eddie a good hiding when he got back he never hit him again carnt remember the eldest lads name but the often came to our house with my elder brother

Batesy #40,

I dare say Dawn is some distant relation to me, but there are so many branches in my family tree, she is probably very distant. I don't remember the name Dawn at all. But a Comery surname from Carlton is a possible link.

• Upvote 1

Hi Babs, I lived on Arthur st about 6 houses from the cinder path. Peter Burrows lived next but one to us and across the street was Dorothy Pritchett. At the top of the street was Otters shop, and if Mrs Otter was serving I didn't like going in for a newspaper cos I was frightened of her . I was at Ida and George's wedding at St.Georges church, she now lives down Colwick.

We moved to Bailey st when I was 11, used to play on the rec at the bottom of Forester st, a gang of us used to go on the Cricket field and jump the concrete blocks under the bridge. When I think back to what we all used to do , but we couldn't see any danger then.

I currently live in netherfield, have done for the past almost 3 years! Started off as a 'netherferian' with my first house on hodgkinson street - which i hated!! Now living in a lovely part just near the co-op, like a totally different area. Can grab info/pics if anyone wants any as im always out and about with my daughter, especially when the weather is nice!

Just been looking at Pictures of the Past. I've spotted one of Netherfield Rovers football club and found my dad, Jack Bell, he also played for their cricket team. From right to left my dad is standing next to the goalie. Arthur Ibbotson is standing behind him and his son Alan is holding the cup.Frank Welbourne is far left on his son Gordon is holding the ball. I can see Freddie Seston on the left and I know the name R Salvin .Can anyone else remember this photo?.

Sheila, I lived on Bailey St in the 50s, No. 8, I remember the Coffees, Jennifer May, Nigel and Judith Peck, Marylin and June Commery, David and Morris Flint, Derek Crisp, Geoffrey and Grenville Mawer., Played on the old rec, jumped the slabs, swinging over the lines in Colwick woods.

Just been looking at Pictures of the Past. I've spotted one of Netherfield Rovers football club and found my dad, Jack Bell, he also played for their cricket team. From right to left my dad is standing next to the goalie. Arthur Ibbotson is standing behind him and his son Alan is holding the cup.Frank Welbourne is far left on his son Gordon is holding the ball. I can see Freddie Seston on the left and I know the name R Salvin .Can anyone else remember this photo?.

I'm guessing and hoping this is the one you're referring to. http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?action=printdetails&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;NCCC002523&prevUrl=

Sheila, I lived on Bailey St in the 50s, No. 8, I remember the Coffees, Jennifer May, Nigel and Judith Peck, Marylin and June Commery, David and Morris Flint, Derek Crisp, Geoffrey and Grenville Mawer., Played on the old rec, jumped the slabs, swinging over the lines in Colwick woods.[/.

Hello beach bum, what's your name? I can remember the Pecks, Morris Flint, Derek Crisp lived next door to me at No 5, I lived at No 3 . Can you remember Derek and Barbara Shaw and Alan Mehew. I can remember playing up Colwick woods and swinging over the railway lines. Did you ever put a half penny on the railway line near the bridge on the Cricket field , wait for the train to come and make it into a penny.. I did .

• Upvote 1