Hello from Netherfield girl

Khelouda, when did you go to Carlton le Willows? I expect it was long after me - I started when the school opened in 1954!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just want to thank you all for the warm welcome x

New to this site so hi everyone, its been years since I have been to Nottingham, lived in Netherfield forester street close to Chandos street, used to go to Curzon street playground there was a ch

I lived in Nottigham from September 1977 to July 1979. I was a student at Arnold & Carlton College of FE. I've been living in the US for the past 35 years. In Seattle the last 12 years. I stil

I lived in Nottigham from September 1977 to July 1979. I was a student at Arnold & Carlton College of FE. I've been living in the US for the past 35 years. In Seattle the last 12 years. I still think of Nottingham with great fondness. I was 16 when I arrived and I was able to learn a little bit about life on those two years in Nottingham. Including meet my first girlfriend Jennifer Sloan. Oh God how I would give anything just to find out where she is and how life has treated her. Anyway very happy to have found this site. If you're ever in Seattle please give me holler.

• Upvote 2

I see - thank you Michael. I never went there - I did my O and A levels at Arnold and Carlton College of FE. I understand it no longer exists. It was an okay campus sitting on top of an absolutely breathtaking hill. The drop at the rear of the college must have been a good 500 feet or at least that's how I remember it.

• 1 year later...

Welcome Sammy South from another ex-pat.  Been in Georgia for about fifteen years.  Thirty years in Canada before that.  Still enjoy the interaction with all the Nottinghamians here.  Hope you keep posting.

• 10 months later...