While clearing my garage out i came across two old sporting trophies,and wondered if anyone could throw any light on their origins, i have no idea even where i got em from.

One is silver plate and inscribed as follows, BILLY KENNEDY, SNOOKER TROPHY, presented 1952,past winners,

1952, N.Eaps

1953, E.Swaby

1954, E.Swaby

1955. R.England

1960. G.Fisher

the other one is not silver plate, and reads as follows, THE E.C POLLIT CRICKET TROPHY, for presentation to the winners of the annual cricket match between Pleasley mills and Viyella house.

with them being local to Notts i thought they might ring a bell with someone, i am not looking to sell them, but if they have sentimental value you can have them.!

benjamin1945, there's a member on here with the surname Swaby, maybe she's not seen the post yet

Rog

Thanks for that Michael,i also had a scan round and found nowt,then started looking up about "hallmarks"of which the snooker one has,could"nt make head nor tail of that.LOL.

honestly dont know,until i can work the"Hallmark"out to see if its Sterling silver or Silver plate,i doubt it,

• 4 months later...

Seeing as nobody gave a 'monkeys' about my 'old trophies' i solved the problem myself,.........tied em to a tree in my old garden,they are now the problem of the new owners.