Still recovering from my dose of "Man Flu" and consequently, having to take it easy in the garden. I have taken a few photos oof the spring work and will try to get them posted tomorrow morning whilst SWMBO is out swimming. She gets fed up with me if I spend too much time online. Wimmin eh?! :)

• Upvote 1

I get moaned at for being on the puter, yet it's OK for SWMBO to watch soaps till the cows come home, s'not fair. And when we're not well we get "Ahh poor diddums got the Man Flu, what a shame!" Yet if us Men say owt it's "if you had babies you'd have sumat to moan about!" Defo s'not fair.....

I wonder how they'd manage crawling up a three foot high face a dozen times in a shift Steve?? Not to mention setting a dozen Groatchel(sp) bars in the gate end too.....LOL

I never get colds and flu, I dose myself with vitamin D...

Girls were not allowed down the pit except on visits, then they looked horrified, made me laugh how they pinched their noses & swallowed after going through are doors, never saw a bloke do that. I dreaded it when the belts were standing & you had to walk up one of the Blackshale - Deep Soft cross measures drifts: Do I go up the return 1 in 6 drift where it's hot, or the intake 1 in 5 drift where it's cold? the choice was mine. I usually chose the intake..

Still recovering from my dose of "Man Flu" and consequently, having to take it easy in the garden. I have taken a few photos oof the spring work and will try to get them posted tomorrow morning whilst SWMBO is out swimming. She gets fed up with me if I spend too much time online. Wimmin eh?! :)

Sorry to hear of your suffering.. I was a victem of the 2007 Man flu pandemic.. I still can't do the ironing proper even after a few years of phisio therapy!

Try a beer and curry diet.... It helped me through a bad time.

Take it easy and keep ya chin up.

• Upvote 1

On the subject of the suffering of men according to women, I think it's very telling that the majority of advertising of various pain-killers is directed at women, headaches, backaches and all the rest. I remember having to see my doctor one working morning. The waiting room was full of women. I mentioned this to the doc' and he said, yes, this was normal. Bugger all wrong with them but they came in for a chat!

• Upvote 1