Spring is now in full swing and the flowers are basking in the cold, wet weather as usual :)

IMG_9584.JPG?gl=GB

IMG_9585.JPG?gl=GB

IMG_9592.JPG?gl=GB

IMG_9593.JPG?gl=GB

IMG_9594.JPG?gl=GB

Carex secta grass shaved and transplanted. When the fronds grow back it will be like a large but finer leaved Pampas grass.

IMG_9587.JPG?gl=GB

• Upvote 3

Compo

I had a 'drive' down your road on 'Google Streets'

Did you know that you are the only Nottstalgia Member who's house has its own wikipedia page?

• Upvote 2

looking good compo saw my first blue bells while out in the car the other day spring definately here.

• Upvote 1

Saw an Orange Tip butterfly, just last week. Apparently they're only ever seen in April, but I'm 64 and never seen one before - must have had my eyes closed at this time every other year!

• Upvote 1

Mick2me post #2

I shall have to look at the Wiki page....right now!

Found it at last. I must do something about that terrible photograph though. It's well out of date.

Also seen the Orange Tipped Butterfly in Basford over the last few days. Several other species seen too.

went out in the car to a fishery near alveston on sunday with piggy so he could have a look and pick up some info for a fishing trip soon with some friend while he was waling round the ponds checking them out i sat in the car with windows down loads of diferent buterflies fluttering about incloding a couple of oranged tipped. lots of small birds toin the hedge just in front of me great tits grey tits blue tits robins at least two pair sparowsand a green finch all in about half an hour.malards flying about wood pidgeons crows and a king fisher on the other pond only saw one very small mallard duckling mum just pushing it inti the pond may have been its first swim,and chickens and a couple of white geese. all that in about an hour. nice afternoon.

• Upvote 2

Are the orange tipped butterflies rare Babs, I have seen some down by the canal this last few days, but I don't recall seeing them before. There seems to be quite a lot of butterflies at the moment, especially the multi colored ones. Bluebells just about ready to flower, and the Grape Hyacinth along the hedgerow. It all looks really nice , as the season must have started for Barge holidays, all very picturesque, I look forward to all the baby ducks arriving, it can't be long now. We have a Heronry nearby and there is always one, looking in the canal for his next meal, as soon as I get my camera out, he flies of down the canal. Sounds like you have plenty of Birds to watch Babs, we haven't managed to see a Kingfisher yet, or last year.We won't give up Though!

• Upvote 2

That picture of yours Melissa....The little yellow flowers of Oxalis...

fw3wau.jpg

That is a very useful plant,I've used it in baskets and planters,it's fast growing and has a trailing habit.Will survive mild winters in a sheltered spot.

2n1rj7n.jpg

But best of all....you can finish up with dozens of plants simply by cutting stalks and popping them into a glass of water.They produce dozens of roots in just a couple of weeks.Hey Presto!...Free plants...The ideal plant for beginners and non gardeners..

23k6s8m.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I lost all of mine in the two cold winters we had recently. I know I should have taken cuttings but never got a round tuit.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Not quite Spring yet but the late winter flowers are beginning to provide us with a show. Here are some Snowflakes photogrpahed this morning:

IMG_5989.JPG

• Upvote 2
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two of a kind.....Anyone remember who they were?

33984987453_2dacf60376_c.jpg

Simplicity:

34661403851_c116d7629a_h.jpg

Tulip:

34794265535_6907fdbe7b_c.jpg

Apple blossom:

34408208440_4833368a7e_c.jpg

• 11 months later...