Annoying Phrases

Mrs B what many people forget is that the people who they are complaining to are at work and employees of the Company and they will do whatever they can to help ,within the limits set by the Company, they cannot personally change the rules set by the company no matter how loud they shout. How would the person complaining like it if they were at work and someone who was unhappy with something came up to them shouting, abusing them and using bad language, I feel sure that they would think it was wrong, so why do they behave in such a manner. I have found that you obtain better outcomes if you politely explain the problem and tell them what you think should be done to resolve the problem. People at work should be treated with respect.

• Like 1
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went into Boots for my prescription last week. There was a woman in front of me who clearly wanted something they didn't have. She kept explaining why she needed it NOW! Every sentence was punctu

Hi Guys. This topic is like well cool innit? I mean like I said to me friend when he turned round n said 'Whats happenin' n I like said 'We is  talkin about people what don't talk proper ok' n he said

@radfordred  yes I agree.  How can meat melt in your mouth!  A lot of those cooking programmes amuse me anyway when they serve those teeny little portions of carefully arranged food accompanied with a

And if a poster writes NOTTINGHAM in both capitals and bold font, you know he's about to go off on one and have a dig!  :crazy:

Trogg,  you would be one of the nice customers even if you were complaining. 
As an aside, why does predictive text change your name to “trigger” ? Were you an understudy in Fools and Horses at any point? Funny.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I used to work with someone who regularly used the phrase “I don’t want to play the devils advocate but….” I always used to think, goodness, here we go again.

Everyone has their foibles eh.

I think the most irritating "phrase" if you can call it that is "ya'know" when someone is trying to explain something, I often feel like saying "NO I DON'T EFFIN KNOW, or I wouldn't be listening to you"...

During this hot spell I went to buy another fan. Saw the type I wanted but there was only the one with a price ticket attached. I went to the desk and asked if they had one in stock. The young man told me they were there already in boxes and commenced to show me with his arms and hands that they were there right on the corner of the island where they were displayed. Ok maybe I missed them but don’t know how. Returned to look and spent a good 5 minutes trying to find them .When I got back to the desk he was on the phone so when he saw me his face changed into annoyance. I told him sorry but they aren’t there. He gave a big sigh and proceeded to walk towards the display, I had to laugh at the way he was walking as if to say “ I’ll show her” the customer at the desk who was waiting to pay for her tv also laughed at him and shrugged her shoulders. I followed him and by the time I’d joined him he was standing there with his arms out as if he was a in magician after making something appear. I looked at him and with great satisfaction after his display of superiority I told him that wasn’t the type I wanted. His face dropped and he walked away.

• 6 months later...

I used to sit on a committee where the chairman would conclude by saying ‘is there anythink else?’ Very irritating.

I went to a primary school in Woodthorpe where everyone talked ‘posh’. Some even had elocution lessons to make them talk even posher!  When I went to Mellish I mixed with boys from around the county with a variety of accents. Eastwood and Jacksdale accents were the most difficult to understand.

Phil, I don’t think it’s just tne hair colour that indicates a person’s age…. Other things like a few facial wrinkles, a bit of a stoop, a couple of walking sticks or looking a bit unsteady on your pins, peering closely at labels etc, and asking people to repeat what they’ve just said give a few clues!

Not that you present with any of these :) ….

RR this phrase also annoys me but I don’t know why… I expect it found it’s way over here from America

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Phil, I don’t think it’s just tne hair colour that indicates a person’s age…. Other things like a few facial wrinkles, a bit of a stoop, a couple of walking sticks or looking a bit unsteady on your pins, peering closely at labels etc, and asking people to repeat what they’ve just said give a few clues!

Not that you present with any of these :) ….

I don’t have any of those symptoms! Just grey hair. I went grey at 40. I did dye it once but people looked at me in a very strange way but didn’t like to say anything! :biggrin: I guess I’m lucky to have any hair.