Up against the wall..... Pair of em !

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went into Boots for my prescription last week. There was a woman in front of me who clearly wanted something they didn't have. She kept explaining why she needed it NOW! Every sentence was punctu

Hi Guys. This topic is like well cool innit? I mean like I said to me friend when he turned round n said 'Whats happenin' n I like said 'We is  talkin about people what don't talk proper ok' n he said

@radfordred  yes I agree.  How can meat melt in your mouth!  A lot of those cooking programmes amuse me anyway when they serve those teeny little portions of carefully arranged food accompanied with a

On that I regularly hear all too often is when I present my Lottery tickets for checking.

"Sorry sir, no winners. Shall I throw them in the bin ?".

The two most upsetting words for a man are "Don't" and "Stop"

Unless of course they're said together..

• Upvote 2

'Exclusive' as seen on Yahoo News this afternoon.

Former suspects mother remembers a woman in purple loitering near the McCanns apartment. Well that's brilliant after 10 years.

Geordie tart and 1D toy boy conjure up unusual name for their brat........ I couldn't be arsed to enquire.

Paris Jackson lands movie role.....Zzzzzzzzz.

Bob Geldof ........ As above.....

Cockney tart regrets abortions........ Likewise....

Diane Abbott makes a hash of interview over 10,000 more proposed police......... God, she's thick !

• Upvote 2

'Strong, stable government...In the national interest..'

I'm not making a political statement.. I'm just pointing out that that phrase is already driving me nuts and we've got another 5 weeks of it....:angry:

"We'll look after the many"........ Likewise !

30 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

'Strong, stable government...In the national interest..'

I'm not making a political statement.. I'm just pointing out that that phrase is already driving me nuts and we've got another 5 weeks of it....:angry:

You lucky people!  ;).   We've just come off almost two years of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Liven up, we're having a family get together this weekend.

Move yourself, I want to do some Hoovering!

And here's a Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the.......ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Today English as it were spoke, so to say, no longer exists. We have throwaway clichés, language I really don't understand, but if there is one expression I always react to it happened again this weekend. People who come to see me once a year, waving goodbye and shouting "see you later". But I won't see them for a year, and strangely they always want to come at my busy weekend; so just what is "later"? For me it used to say "be back this evening" as I went off to the pub or the cinema, not next bloody year. It really gets my goat, and I don't hesitate to say so.

"like"

I was on a train  recently and the group opposite had some dozy tart who couldn't utter three words without one of them being "like".

I could have happily strangled her by the end of the journey. !

• Upvote 3

When a waitress asks  "What can I get you"  I feel like saying  "All excited"  I would most likely get a slapped face ! off the Waitress & a good kicking off Mrs C !

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Social Media, Sustainability, loads more, but the veins at the side of my temples are starting to pulsate, so I'd better calm down and have a strong cuppa.

Basically, and Awsome !

It seems some Universities are penalising students who use gender specific words, "he" "she" etc so I looked into it and here is a list pf preferred alternatives.

If these radical looney tunes insist on what is actually a form of oppression why do they still demand a salutation before a name (Ms, Mz etc) If they object to Miss, Mrs, Madam why not do away with them altogether and simply state their name?

Aimee Challenor, the Green Party’s 19-year-old equalities spokesperson claims "trans and non-binary deserve better". (newspaper quote)

What the hell is a non-binary?

Next we will have to start thinking of none gender indicative names. You can't be Janet or Mary they're  female, you can't be James or John...

I don't know how such a small proportion of the population manage to have such a large influence or why some (non-gender specific) people go along with this rubbish.

"Best man for the job" – Best person for the job
"Businessman/woman" –  Businessperson, manager, executive
"Chairman" – Chair, chairperson, convenor, head
"Charwoman, cleaning lady" – Cleaner
"Craftsman/woman" – Craftsperson, craft worker
"Delivery man" – Delivery clerk, courier
"Dear Sirs" – Dear Sir/Madam (or Madam/Sir)
"Fireman" – Fire-fighter
"Forefathers" – Ancestors, forebears
"Foreman/woman" – Supervisor, head juror
"Gentleman’s agreement" – Unwritten agreement, agreement based on trust
"Headmaster/mistress" – Head teacher
"Housewife" – Shopper, consumer, homemaker (depends on context)
"Layman" – Lay person
The list goes on and on, .