Annoying Phrases

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went into Boots for my prescription last week. There was a woman in front of me who clearly wanted something they didn't have. She kept explaining why she needed it NOW! Every sentence was punctu

Hi Guys. This topic is like well cool innit? I mean like I said to me friend when he turned round n said 'Whats happenin' n I like said 'We is  talkin about people what don't talk proper ok' n he said

@radfordred  yes I agree.  How can meat melt in your mouth!  A lot of those cooking programmes amuse me anyway when they serve those teeny little portions of carefully arranged food accompanied with a

Binary, non binary? Binary to me reminds me of something we used to while away the time with in maths lessons at the dreaded Manning punishment block for females not savvy enough to tear up their 11 plus papers.  10101010 zzzzzzzzzz! or some such rubbish. It was lost on me.

I'm female, folk can address me as Miss unless I tell em otherwise, I always use the ladies cloakroom if I'm out and if this world gets any crazier I shall seriously consider becoming a hermitess! :wacko:

• Upvote 1

#202 Brew. I have previous posted how the word gay came to be synonymous with homosexuality. My Oxford Pocket dictionary, first edition 1924, my copy 1947, describes the word, other than the usual meaning 'lighthearted, mirthful',  as a euphemism meaning dissolute. Looking up the word dissolute it says 'morally lax, licentious'. Looking up the word licentious tells me 'immoral in sexual relations'. So there we have it - it was intended as a complimentary word. I wonder how many homosexuals know that. What's the betting that they think of themselves as the other meaning. Most, I suspect.

• Upvote 1

Re #206. I'd do it for free with my mole grips and blunt pruning saw.

• Upvote 3

Gay? Would that be anything to do with John Gay who wrote The Bu99ers Opera?  :wacko:

Beg pardon, I think that should be The Beggars Opera.

Interesting song from the same.  Youth's the Season Made For Joy. Chorus runs...Let's be gay, while we may/ Beauty's a flower despis'd in decay.

;)

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, catfan said:

I know someone who recently underwent Gender Re-assignment  surgery. The whole course costs the NHS 29K each time.

Had he lost his marbles :):):)

• Upvote 1

Doesn't say much for the future of the human race when a big proportion seem to be deviants of one type or another. As has been said before, the Garden of Eden was created for Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

• Upvote 3

There certainly wasn't! A fascinating relationship between those two. She appeared to be infatuated with him but clearly didn't trust him. However, a person with Elizabeth I's family background was hardly likely to trust anyone. That said, she had to be talked out of executing him when she discovered he'd married Lettice Knollys without her permission.

Robert Dudley, a sort of Tudor Benjamin1945!

• Upvote 3