Annoying Phrases

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went into Boots for my prescription last week. There was a woman in front of me who clearly wanted something they didn't have. She kept explaining why she needed it NOW! Every sentence was punctu

Hi Guys. This topic is like well cool innit? I mean like I said to me friend when he turned round n said 'Whats happenin' n I like said 'We is  talkin about people what don't talk proper ok' n he said

@radfordred  yes I agree.  How can meat melt in your mouth!  A lot of those cooking programmes amuse me anyway when they serve those teeny little portions of carefully arranged food accompanied with a

'Have you got any money on you?'

• Like 1

My #208. Sorry, the sentence should have read ' was not intended as a complimentary word', as you probably guessed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Towd ya so"....... Does me head in..... I just want to say..... "Did you really" ? 

All night long, a favourite of Bradley Walsh on the Chase....whatever happened to End of the day'..looking back, it would be occasionally quite refreshing! :crazy:

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Bradley Walsh...........cant watch any more..............

Absolutely

Indeed

all day long

Good job.

Wow

Cool

And that stupid face when he pretends he's trying not to laugh....

• Like 1

@radfordred  yes I agree.  How can meat melt in your mouth!  A lot of those cooking programmes amuse me anyway when they serve those teeny little portions of carefully arranged food accompanied with a carefully drizzled sauce/ gravy?  Seems a bit pretentious to me but I’m sure others will disagree (and that’s OK :) )

• Like 6

Entirely agree, and by the time they've done messing about with it.  I would imagine it's only lukewarm at the table.

It always grates on me when they say jus, it's gravy you....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Bradley Walsh...........cant watch any more..............

I’d rather watch him than the awful Alexander Armstrong on the other side.  
“And it’s goodbye from me …. “.   I wouldn’t even bother to turn up for the amount of money they give away on ‘Pointless’

• Like 1

Don't like him either Lizzie.........i keep fighting it but i fear i'm starting to be a grumpy old man........;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Went into Boots for my prescription last week. There was a woman in front of me who clearly wanted something they didn't have.

She kept explaining why she needed it NOW! Every sentence was punctuated by that guaranteed to get up my nose phrase:

Know wot I mean?

Ten minutes while the on duty pharmacist goes to check the storeroom for required item, during which time this irritating female tells the same story to anyone within earshot, punctuated at nauseatingly regular intervals by:

Know wot (glottal stop) I mean?

By this time, there is a massive queue behind me. 

The chap behind me was walking with the aid of callipers. I was sorely tempted to grab one and wrap it round her neck. Sometimes, my patience just runs out. Know wot I mean? :crazy:

• Like 7
3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

i keep fighting it but i fear i'm starting to be a grumpy old man

Resistance is futile!

Relax Ben, just go with the flow and enjoy the right to grumble in queues, shout at the telly whilst telling everyone with earshot how it was different back in the day, and you pay your taxes,and know your rights etc.

People will either indulge you or ignore you, some may simply smile and say “ah bless”...

• Like 2

Ben at last I have found something I am better at than you. I will meet you for a coffee and give you instructions and advice on how to be grumpy. First lesson remember you are at the age where it is compulsory to be grumpy, you have no choice, you will be grumpy, you have been there and done that and have the T shirt so you know better than them. What you have to bear in mind is that you must be happy whilst being grumpy with others , you must not under any circumstances let them know that you are happy and enjoy being grumpy, it makes life even more enjoyable. We may not be able to do what we used to do , but with a little effort we can become highly qualified "Grumpiers" , not everyone can achieve that standard. So keep smiling , that confuses them, and dont forget those feet are made for dancing. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

She kept explaining why she needed it NOW! Every sentence was punctuated by that guaranteed to get up my nose phrase:

The kind of person who will post complaints on every web forum she can find, moaning about the staff who are useless. That's why I don't pay too much attention to those review sites.

People who complain about service in shops are usually the ones who are at fault.

I worked in customer services for a local council for a year. I actually loved dealing with complaints and it was always a challenge to turn the complaint round for a positive outcome. Some people do think that punctuating their speech with bad language helps their cause and disregard the fact that you are actually trying to help them. Interesting times. 

• Like 3