Annoying Phrases

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went into Boots for my prescription last week. There was a woman in front of me who clearly wanted something they didn't have. She kept explaining why she needed it NOW! Every sentence was punctu

Hi Guys. This topic is like well cool innit? I mean like I said to me friend when he turned round n said 'Whats happenin' n I like said 'We is  talkin about people what don't talk proper ok' n he said

@radfordred  yes I agree.  How can meat melt in your mouth!  A lot of those cooking programmes amuse me anyway when they serve those teeny little portions of carefully arranged food accompanied with a

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When the telephone is answered and a voice say's 

We realy do value your custom please hold on and one of our representatives will be with you shortly, 

30 mins later you have had this message repeated 50 times and still no one on the other end of the phone,

Am I old fashioned wanting some one to answer the phone or should i stick with e-mail

• Like 2
8 hours ago, mary1947 said:

30 mins later you have had this message repeated 50 times and still no one on the other end of the phone,

You've got some patience, Mary. I've hung up after the second repeat. They might value my custom but I don't value their services to that extent!

• Like 1
On 2/26/2023 at 4:52 AM, philmayfield said:

I've just remembered that the very best black puddings came from George Stafford of Stanley Common.

According to my late brother, who was a black pudding aficionado , the best black puddings come from Bury in Lancashire or Barnsley in Yorkshire. I cannot imagine ever eating one but they were regularly found in sandwiches in the local darts or skittles leagues.