Annoying Phrases

A phrase I hear regularly on t.v. is when some programmes such as Breakfast Time come to an end they say

"We''ll see you tomorrow"

They won't becasue they can't see the viewers!

Have you any phrases that annoy you?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went into Boots for my prescription last week. There was a woman in front of me who clearly wanted something they didn't have. She kept explaining why she needed it NOW! Every sentence was punctu

Hi Guys. This topic is like well cool innit? I mean like I said to me friend when he turned round n said 'Whats happenin' n I like said 'We is  talkin about people what don't talk proper ok' n he said

@radfordred  yes I agree.  How can meat melt in your mouth!  A lot of those cooking programmes amuse me anyway when they serve those teeny little portions of carefully arranged food accompanied with a

yes,when a shop assistant says,"thankyou darling"or "sweetheart"and worse still "BABES", Morrisons staff are the biggest offenders!

Notts win again.

Derby close in on second spot.

• Upvote 1

After being in a queue an assistance says, " Thank you for waiting, " and as you're trying to get on with a meal in a restaurant, the constant question, "Is everything alright"? At home I find it annoying when, instead of the wife saying, " Please pass me the (whatever)", she says, "Is the (whatever) over there?" or " Would you like to pass me the (whatever)"?

Yes, I've noticed waitresses always seem to ask me when I've got a mouthful of hot food.

• Upvote 1

Not a phrase but theres an annoying trend amongst younger yuppie types of answering a question starting with the word "So" followed by short pause .

Eg " How does this thing work?"

"So ....you put that there etc"

Its an unneccessary word ! So there !

• Upvote 1

Shop assistants (or people in a similar position) who finish the transaction with "Enjoy".

Well said Cliff Ton, I hate that word when used like that. In Wetherspoons recently when the young wench brought the snap to the table her last word was "Enjoy" I comment to the dismay of Mrs Catfan was "I bleeding hope so" !

When in management meetings the speaker say's "So going forward" as a business surely we would'nt be "going backwards" or would we?

Rog

"There are no such things as problems, only challenges" --- "We worked hard but we played hard" and "He doesn't suffer fools gladly", which, as someone once remarked to me, is another excuse for being bloody rude!

Those bloody popups on Windows software that say updates are available, or whatever every time I boot up.

• Upvote 2

So the nurse says "just a scratch" as she prepares to stick the needle in your arm, then an almighty pain like a red hot blunt dart is forced in to the arm.

Last time I had a needle the nurse said, "Little prick". I thought, how does she know that? Does she know my ex?

When you ring a company and get the recorded voice message...

"Your call is important to us..."

Well answer the bleddy phone then!