DaveN

Annoying Phrases

A phrase I hear regularly on t.v. is when some programmes such as Breakfast Time come to an end they say

"We''ll see you tomorrow"

They won't becasue they can't see the viewers!

Have you any phrases that annoy you?

yes,when a shop assistant says,"thankyou darling"or "sweetheart"and worse still "BABES", Morrisons staff are the biggest offenders!

Notts win again.

Derby close in on second spot.

• Upvote 1

I am nobodys Babe or Sweetheart,still a bit of a Darling tho" :laugh:

After being in a queue an assistance says, " Thank you for waiting, " and as you're trying to get on with a meal in a restaurant, the constant question, "Is everything alright"? At home I find it annoying when, instead of the wife saying, " Please pass me the (whatever)", she says, "Is the (whatever) over there?" or " Would you like to pass me the (whatever)"?

Yes, I've noticed waitresses always seem to ask me when I've got a mouthful of hot food.

• Upvote 1

Not a phrase but theres an annoying trend amongst younger yuppie types of answering a question starting with the word "So" followed by short pause .

Eg " How does this thing work?"

"So ....you put that there etc"

Its an unneccessary word ! So there !

• Upvote 1

So the nurse says "just a scratch" as she prepares to stick the needle in your arm, then an almighty pain like a red hot blunt dart is forced in to the arm.

Not a phrase but a word - the use of the word 'impact' instead of 'affect' or 'effect'.

It seems to be an example of managementspeak that's spread to all the news media and now even real people are saying it.

Shop assistants (or people in a similar position) who finish the transaction with "Enjoy".

Well said Cliff Ton, I hate that word when used like that. In Wetherspoons recently when the young wench brought the snap to the table her last word was "Enjoy" I comment to the dismay of Mrs Catfan was "I bleeding hope so" !

When in management meetings the speaker say's "So going forward" as a business surely we would'nt be "going backwards" or would we?

Rog

Stupid people in shops, pubs, cafes, saying "can I get" NO you cant, there are staff there to get for you.

• Upvote 2

"There are no such things as problems, only challenges" --- "We worked hard but we played hard" and "He doesn't suffer fools gladly", which, as someone once remarked to me, is another excuse for being bloody rude!

The recording on the Nottm buses when she says "make sure you take all your belongings with you". How can you? Most of them are still at your home

Those bloody popups on Windows software that say updates are available, or whatever every time I boot up.

• Upvote 2

You make your own luck. Yeah right of course you do

So the nurse says "just a scratch" as she prepares to stick the needle in your arm, then an almighty pain like a red hot blunt dart is forced in to the arm.

Last time I had a needle the nurse said, "Little prick". I thought, how does she know that? Does she know my ex?

When you ring a company and get the recorded voice message...

"Your call is important to us..."

Well answer the bleddy phone then!

Last time I had a needle the nurse said, "Little prick".

I would say... "What did I say wrong?"