I was in the car park at Nottingham station today, so I had a wander up to the top floor, to see what the view was like, you can see a lot from up there. Looking down on the station from up there shows how big the station really is.

It is also free to park for 30 minutes. You can also enter on foot from Queens road and use the lift.

DSCF1416.jpg

DSCF1415.jpg

DSCF1413.jpg

DSCF1408.jpg

DSCF1407.jpg

• Upvote 10

Great photos, I especially like the one of the Station clock. On the pic looking towards the Lace Market, Halifax House is just peeping from behind St Mary's Church - friends of mine bought that building very cheap 25 to 30 years ago as a redundant lace factory. They turned the building into luxury apartments and still live in one of them. The views are lovely from up there, right across to the Trent Valley and Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station (not so lovely!). At the time of purchase there were few apartments in the Lace Market but now every building seems to have been converted.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

I remember Gunthorpe. As kids we used to go for a drive down to the river near the Unicorn Hotel, a go on the swingboats, a walk along the bank to see the weir and if anything was going through the lock and then back for a pint for dad, a shandy for mum and Tizer and crisps or us kids.

Simple pleasures and happy times.

• Upvote 2