Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen...in an all butter pastry case with tartare sauce, topped with chips and layered with sea salt ...see the cholesterol levels go through the roof!!!

Sounds ok to me, but with extra chips, two slices of bread and butter to make a sandwich when you're half way through, a pint oh I nearly forgot, a small lettuce leaf. We must eat healthier now were older. LOL

• Upvote 1

Hey, Melton, was in your's and mine's old stomping ground the other week, was taken to lunch at Langar Hall. Posh eh? Never set foot in it before.

Hey, Melton, was in your's and mine's old stomping ground the other week, was taken to lunch at Langar Hall. Posh eh? Never set foot in it before.

So you met Imogen, I know her very well, and her daughter Louise.

I will be in the area visiting family and friends for a week from the 25th and will be visiting Langar and they have invited me to have a meal with them both,

I bet you can't get fish & chip pie there Melton!

• Upvote 1

No I missed seeing Imogen, she was at a wedding that day, according to her grand daughter.I was hoping to reminisce with her.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Robin's Chippy in Thurso (North coast of Caithness) sells deep fried Mars bars, Waggon Wheels and Milky Way. If you want anything else battered and deep fried simply take it in and he will cook it for you.  The Scottish diet is one of the most tasty in the world - also one of the least healthy.....but who cares?!  You have to have some pleasure in life don't you.

thumbsup

• Like 2

I've stayed in B'n'Bs all over the UK with work but better by far were those in Scotland - even those in industrial areas like Glasgow and Grangemouth. Discounting that weird square, bright pink thing they call sausage (never could eat it), all the food was excellent .

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

That's a "Lorne Sausage" Brew. I quite like them. They contain a lot of barley along with beef sausage meat and wheat flour.  For some reason the Jocks prefer beef to pork in sausages.

Don't like them "crinkle cut" oven chips, only have oven chips now days (supposed to be better for you) anyroad just before I put them in the oven I give them a light drizzle (lovely term that) of my chilli infused olive oil, really perks em up a bit

Rog

• Like 1

Starting my baking season this weekend mate, lemon or orange drizzle cake with a splash of wiskey in the drizzle, it's for the macmillan trust on Monday at the village hall, that should get some of the wrinklies dancing in the isles  slywink

Rog

• Like 2

Off to my sister's in Northumberland in the morning - have to be there before 9pm - their local chippy cooks in DRIPPPING but closes at nine..... Yummy, Scrummy!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't say I've ever tried Tatare sauce Carni,thats one for the future for me, I like lemon on mine to be honest,my father always said you need something acidic on fish to counter the grease,suppose he was talking about fried fish

Rog