Trafalgar Street Radford

At that Time, I knew some girls from around there?

I have memories of one living in a shop.

I think there were two Sues as well. One might have been called Parnham? Blonde?

I can still recall their faces.

Don't know of anyone with that name, think my parents were only there for a year or so, so maybe previous owner?

Out of interest, when was it pulled down?

My grandad who also lived on the street used to drink in one of the local pubs, don't know which one though! His name was Joe (deceased now)

Thanks for your reply, speak soon.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Forgive me for replying to older post, I am new to the forum and just reading and finding my way round on all interesting post. I was brought up on Garfield road and as I remember there was a sue I believe what lived in a beeroff shop half way up the road on the right coming from Hartley road end, There was also a barbers shop further up what I can remember the barber was polish and went by the name of Neil. Also my Step farther use to drink in the boulevard so may have a good chance of knowing swetpea granddad. He went by the name of Jock

• Upvote 2

dont recognise garfield st but as it was adjacent to denman st i ought to ,worked there at vernons grocers in the 60s

Hello Mike2me, I think we could be both right here, There was a Grocers shop on the corner of Garfield road and Colleridge street, The one I had in my mind was a off licence further up Garfield road and I believe that was called Moffatt's or Moffets. As I remember the brick work to the shop was painted white, The Grocers I think you picture I used to live directly opposite but strangely enough I forgot about that one until you mentioned Grocers shop.

• 6 months later...

Hi my mum and grandma lived on Trafalgar Street - mums name was Jean, mama's name was Lydia. Mum had a brother Kevin. Mum worked at Raleigh and mama was a machinist (always had lots of frilly underwear growing up). I remember the cellar, just off the living room which my little brother always dreamed of making a den.

The kitchen was always damp and the floor sloped. `the toilet was at the bottom of the garden and we bathed in the tin bath. My mum married and moved to Corby me and Mark (brother) loved coming to visit mama and grandad Alec. They moved to Denman Gardens when grandad lost his leg? I remember the old bookshops and we'd spend hours rummaging round them. Jack

• Upvote 1