Farnborough and Charnwood schools

I notice there are no posts on the girls schools at Clifton apart from Clifton hall, did any of you ladies attend either Farnborough or Charnwood in the 60's/70's?

Rog

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't (wrong gender, I was at Fairham) but my two sisters Valerie and Alison Bingham were at Charnwood as was my first wife, Carole Fowler. This would be mid to late 1960s.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reply Bing, I was beginning to wonder if these schools existed with not being replied to, what years were you at Fairham, I was there 64-68, Fleming house

Rog

• Like 1

1959 to 1965, also Fleming House. So we overlapped by a year or so. Mr Hind was housemaster, a good man. I was in Fe, tutor was Mr. Penchion. Until I moved here in Thailand I still had my old school tie too!

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I lived opposite Farnborough School from around 73 up to 75 when I moved to North Yorks, and it was mixed all that time.

When Farnborough  first opened it was all boys, Charnwood just up the road was all girls. Fairham again all boys when it opened.

• 6 months later...