Photo Manipulation

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure how this will turn out. I too like my Photo Shop. Bill W.

I bet he's headed for the hills after he saw that.

I had a laugh at Bilboro-lad's comment (#23) when he saw your photo, Melissa. I agreed with him when I saw the state it was in but look at the photo you ended up with, truly amazing.

Posted Images

Doesn't someone still have the negative to that photo??

• Upvote 1

To work with you'd need far larger than 600, the largest file is always the best, but what we see here isn't the original sized file.

The two photos I posted, before and after aren't as big as my photobucket account stored photos, they are well in excess of 1.5mb by 1.5mb's.

If you check the file size of photos "linked" here when you post a photo, it's considerably smaller than the original.

I've managed to upload the large file to Flickr! Thanks for the suggestions guys! I did try Dropbox but it wouldn't allow me to open the file unfortunately. Here's the link to whoever is interested! It is downloadable by clicking the image and then three dots to the right of the photo :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123688773@N07/with/13928719211

• Upvote 1

I recently tried to upload some photo's for an item I was selling.

It's the kind of thing I'd done quite easily before by using Picasa (or whatever Google photo's calls itself now).

But this time it was a complete pain in the butt.

They've now made it so difficult and unwieldy that in the end I just gave up !

It's one of the primary uses for the internet (displaying photo's) and it used to be so easy to do, but now they want you download some software, put up with a load of adverts, or pay some subscription etc etc.

Like I say, I gave up on the Google one.

I tried Photobucket and a few others but found them to be annoying and hard work.

In the end I settled on Flickr - which seems to work OK and at least lets you upload a few photos with the minimum of fuss.

I'm finding this a lot on the internet now. They are so desperate to bombard you with adverts and make money that they loose sight of their original purpose. Yahoo, for example, seems to have forgotten that they are a search engine and just wants to inflict their content onto you. If they really want to attract people to their portal then they should provide a decent service and stop making their advertising an onslaught.

• Upvote 1