Photo Manipulation

You need to use the cloning tool to remove whats left of the creases, Thats where I go down to the pixel level, it's tedious, but produces good results, I'll did one out I started some time back to show what I mean.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure how this will turn out. I too like my Photo Shop. Bill W.

I bet he's headed for the hills after he saw that.

I had a laugh at Bilboro-lad's comment (#23) when he saw your photo, Melissa. I agreed with him when I saw the state it was in but look at the photo you ended up with, truly amazing.

Posted Images

Here's a photo I worked on, but still needs a lot of time on it.....As you can see the emulsion is lifting off the paper and there are hundreds of fine cracks plus water damage.

Hazeluntouchedphoto1967_zps960027e1.jpg

Hazelretouched04photo1967_zps448500b4.jp

No cloning tool Mick, did a better job.

Lizzie, that's my ex, that was a previous boyfriend of hers...It and several other photos will be sent to her after they have been restored, she's got a few I did .

We keep on good terms.

• Upvote 1

piggy is often given old photoes from biking days some of them realy need work on them before he can print them and put on display frames to put in bikers bar at the white heart but has not got the right programs can anybody recomend a good one thats free down load.

I rarely go with free software Babs, it has too many limitations, a good photo editing software that's not expensive is Corel Paintshop Pro, it's user friendly, has many many useful features and like I say, not expensive.

Corel bought out "Ulead" who used to produce Professional photo editing software like Photoimpact6.

Now Paintshop Pro is giving top pro software companies a run for their money!!

Youtube has many Paintshop videos on how to tutorials, all well worth watching, I love how they make the software easy to use...

thanks for that its his birthday on wednessday so might look to see if i can find it and buy iit him for his birthday.

I must admit that I'm truly amazed by DaveN's 'Photo Manipulation' topic. I knew that photos could be improved but I'd never seen any that had been worked on until now. I never thought that they would be that good. My parents wedding photo is something that is special to me and I'd like to thank Enigma1st and DaveN for the work they've done on it.

• Upvote 2

The best software for photo manipulation is, of course, Photoshop.

It can do some astonishing things and for that reason has been much pirated!

I'm certain that a lot of people used cracked versions (even though they might not admit it) because the cost was very high.

However I think that Adobe (the maker of Photoshop) have now shot themselves in the foot.

They obviously know that their flagship programme has many 'unofficial' users so what they have decided to do now is only allow people to license the programme.

You can't buy it - you have to rent it via the 'cloud' and pay them about £34 a month to access it.

I'm sure Microsoft want to go down this path as well. Office 365 etc etc.

What was that thing called in The Terminator - 'Skynet' ?

I think 'the cloud' is the real-life version !!

It's funny how we take technical progress for granted and then make comparisons on what it best.

I can picture my Dad fifty years ago in his darkroom, fiddling around with photo papers, developers and fixers etc.

He achieved some satisfactory (sometimes good) results but he also enjoyed it as a hobby.

Most of his efforts are still here, still pleasing to the eye, still a glimpse into the past, warts and all.

Some things are best left as they are.

Do you think someone will bring out some life editing software in the future?

You could go back and edit out all of the disagreeable bits and create a brand new razor sharp, multi coloured, flawless version.

Boring I think....

Old photographs are a window to another time......

That said, there's nothing wrong with a few minor improvements along the way.

Smiffy

• Upvote 1

Yes, my Dad has too, I will have to dig it out.

He also has a nice camera from WW11. He swapped it for some cigarettes with a German soldier in Berlin.

It still works so might try it one day and post the results.

I didn't realise until the other day that you can still buy film, including black & white !

He has some unused 127 roll film stored away somewhere, including some undeveloped rolls (not sure what's on them)

Smiffy

I bought photoshop about eight years back, I still make use of it, it was very expensive, I cannot justify the cost of the newest edition at around $1000, if the business had taken off, it would be a different matter.

Paintshop does many things my older edition of Photoshop cannot do, and it's more user friendly.

Smiffy49, I can understand your sentiments regarding old photos (#71) but a few minor improvements wouldn't have done MelissaJKelly's photo (#22) any good. :biggrin:

If you had an old, unmarked colour photo that was all faded, would it be possible to restore it to a good, or decent, quality photo?

• Upvote 1