Do we really mean thank you?

I have only stopped by for a minute today, as I want to share something with you.

I do not know if this topic should go here.

Below are 2 videos that I would like to share with you and gain some feed back on your thoughts.

The first video was attached to a thank you email from a past student.

The second one was also passed to me by a student regarding a topic we discussed last week.

Both are short videos only about 10 minutes each.  If you open them please view all the main content of the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtvUn2PR8cshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhID-_WNy98&feature=youtu.beI hope you like them.I would appreciate your thoughts about your past experiences

I think I should explain a little more about this topic. Maybe the title is not exactly what I wanted to say. I came on to this site earlier with very little time to write too much. I just wanted you to share these videos with me.

The two videos were sent to me. They are American videos in English, but after watching them they made me wonder about my past and if I was really sincere when saying thank you.

This topic is not about Nottingham, but it does involve a lot of people in the Nottingham area, especially during my early years. And in a way Nottingham did shape me into what I am today.

The first video really made me think. It also put tears in my eyes. How many times have we been sincere when we say thank you to someone for their help and then quickly put to the back of our minds what those people really did for us. I am certainly guilty of this on more than one occasion. It made me go back in time and also think of some of the people who were a great influence on my life and how I never had the opportunity to say thank you. I went so far back that there was one very good friend who I grew up with, a very strong young person who to me at the time was not afraid of anything. Many people on here may know him. He was a very good friend, at times a protector, at other times he taught me to have confidence in myself by building my inner strength to where I was not afraid to take on any challenge. The lessons he taught me in my early life have been used continuously throughout my life. He never knew he was a teacher at that time. And I never realized that he was teaching me. We were too young. This video made me realize that I left England with only a goodbye. I never said thank you for what he had done for me, and over the years have still not said thank you. There have been other people just like this person who have also had a strong influence on my life. In my early years I lacked strength and self confidence (Some people may say I was a weakling). With the help of various people who helped me in many different ways I gained the confidence and the strength to succeed.

The second one made me realize that at times we do take some things for granted and that I never said thank you enough. What saddens me is that for some people, closest to me that influenced my life, any thank you is now too late, they will not hear them.

I also think back to my ex wife, she left me, not because of another woman, but because of a lack of appreciation for what she did. At the time I was married to my job, I thought all she wanted was for me to provide for her and our family. Maybe a few more thank yous could have stopped a divorce. Luckily we remained friends afterwards, when I realized I was at fault.

As I hope you can see from what I have written, I would like you to watch the videos and think about the people you could say thank you too, and also maybe say a thank you too, to the people who many years ago helped you in some way to show you have not forgotten them.

Believe it or not I am making a list of all the people I feel I should still say thank you to, before it is too late.

I really would like to hear your comments. Please do not judge the book by its cover the content is excellent and at times motivating.

You may have to copy and paste the link to gain access to the videos. I don't know how to put a link on here.

Not seen you"re videos carltonlad but i get the gist",i too have thoughts like that,