Nottingham Falcons Trent University

If she lets you, she'll probably peck your eyes out if you go any where near her with that aerosol can

slywink

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

:) It seems like Mrs PG is defying sleep, only a few minutes ago she was literally 'nodding off', closing her eyes, yet when I took another look at the webcam later she was wide eyed; a sign surely that birds like we humans have strong, protective instincts - on their guard. :)

PS: If the light is good tomorrow - Pray to God - I'm going to paint her.

:biggrin: Precious eggs not left for long for she's back on the nest; or could it be Mr PG? - do they take it in turns protecting the eggs? I'm only a novice regarding bird watching, so perhaps a more knowledgeable person could enlighten me? :biggrin:

I was lucky enough to 'fly one' last September, and will be doing it again in may (Hopefully)
I do get the odd one where I fish too, it's not bad considering I didn't see my first one (at Slimbridge WWT ) till I was aged about 10, then my next one 12 years after that,! I now see them every week . Brilliant !!

By the way Jackson , if you use the measuring scale on the board behind the nest box , the female is a lot bigger than the male. She's around 55cms long he's just 35cms(ish)

Hope that helps a bit.

:biggrin: Hi Beefy, I assume that being as the female bird is bigger than the male, then she has the full time job of sitting on the eggs? - makes sense this: a wide/r expanse of body and wings protects her brood. :biggrin:

PS: I was fortunate to receive a beautiful camera for my birthday: took some snaps of Mrs PG but not very inspiring, need a good pose; when I manage one, I plan on making a print, then painting from this.

PS: Many thanks to Stu for his usual kindness in putting on the Amazing image @ #51.

I was fishing at a new lake yesterday and got 'buzzed' by both a Peregrine and a Buzzard all day. I even had a Wren sitting on my boot , diving into my bait bowl and pinching maggots. Great day , shame the fish didn't want to play too!!

I visited family in Caernarfon over the Easter break. Whilst I was there, I showed footage of our Peregrines to my great nephews and nieces. Luckily enough, both of our birds were in attendance at the time. The children were gobsmacked! I have recently been informed that they still check them out every now and again. Nature, it still fascinates.........

If she looks bigger it's not because she has put on weight through lack of exercise ! One quick burst round the Market Square after her usual prey will burn off enough energy to keep her slim and attractive !
She looks plump because she'll have spread her feathers to provide extra warmth during the final days (Hours even) of incubation.

• 3 weeks later...

Checked the nest at 08.28am your time and FOUND IT WAS TIME TO HAND OUT THE CIGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has at least one snowy white chick and it looks a big bugger as well.

No wonder she was chirping away quite happily when I logged on to the site.

:bravo:

08.48am your time.......................

Change of shift at the nest.

One Peregrine arrived and stood watching for a while as the nesting one chirped non-stop for a couple of minutes then stood up and left.

The incoming Peregrine immediately settled down on top of the nest but not before I saw and can confirm two active white chicks and one red egg.

Incidentally, I reckon it must be the male that has just taken over nest duties. He looks ill at ease with the job and does not seem to have any mothering skills.

Now, when you lot finally get out of bed up there, you can watch for yourselves.

:bravo: :bravo:

The cameras have been zoomed in now to give a better view of the chick/s.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University