Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

Thanks Lizzie. Happy Birthday on Friday to your little one. They are a rare treat, to be treasured.

I do sometimes feel a little greedy. We have 6 daughters between us, four of whom have started families. Scarey thought was that if all our girls produced 3 children each (as we did respectively) we could eventually have 32 round the table at Christmas!!!! We shall be hiring the village hall!

• Upvote 2

#8 Trevor, has the fourth one hatched?

I was just having a peek and thought I saw a glimpse of an egg as the parent bird was shuffling around.

Morning Darkazana, As at 0950hrs your time, 3 very hungry white balls of fluff getting fed and the remaining egg has still not hatched.

If you check their site now, you will see the three chicks as one parent has flown and the other is sitting further down the ledge.

• Upvote 1

Ah well three is enough. Still missed them, Trevor. I had to be in work by 9. No doubt will get a chance soon, when they are too big to be sat on. I remember last year, it was really funny watching mu trying to get them all under her body.

And to avoid any further confusion being caused to members on the Forum, I will do the same with the Falcon thread that I did with the Birthday calls.....let others post the information.

Back on thread...... missed the post about the fourth egg hatching, but just had a peek and it's getting to the stage of the balls of fluff being a little bit too much to handle now. Parent bird is really struggling to keep them all under cover

• Upvote 1

Latest update. No parent bird on nest so all the babies can be clearly seen at the moment. They are growing well.

• Upvote 2

I was watching two feeds today. The first at about 4pm when Dad concentrated on the 3 bigger babies and I was talking to him, willing him to notice the 4 (smallest one) He must have heard me because he then spent time feeding the little guy. Then at around 8pm and supper time, this time only two were fed with the other two giving up begging and snuggled down. This afternoon I noticed a lot of pigeon feathers on our lawn and was wondering if the falcons had come over searching for food, we're less than 2 miles from the city centre.

• Upvote 3
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University