Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

• 2 weeks later...

Just had email from the falcon update regarding the smallest chick being outside the nest, and the inability to interfere as nature has to do it's own thing. Went on to take a peek and youngest chick is back in nest but not looking too good. noblue

I watched the webcam for quite a time yesterday when the update came through. The little chick was out of the nest box at that time and Mum was feeding him and not the other three. She may have already fed the others before I turned on. Little 'erbert was nice and podged by the time she flew away with the remnants of a pigeon and he was having a good attempt at getting back into the nest. You'd think Mum could have grabbed him round the neck and dragged him in.

• Upvote 1

Certainly has! Just checked and not a baby to be seen, just half a pigeon in the nest and parent bird perched on the ledge!

Last night I was Falcon watching around 12.30am and the Chicks were sleeping. What a surprise I got this morning, to see no sign of them! Hope all is well. I would love to have witnessed them take flight, if that is what has happened! Or are they hiding further along the ledge?

I would have thought they had gone walkabout, don't think they are fully fledged to fly yet. I remember last year they had lots of practice runs up and down the ledge. Mum bird doesn't seem too perturbed though.

Just read the blog and they were all ringed a week or so ago. They have 3 females but the smallest was to immature to tell it's gender at the time. Name suggestions have to be in by 9.00am today.

Lots of moving about in the nest, turns out there are 4.One seems a lot smaller than the three, but they look like they are waiting for food. No sign of the parents, they are probably hunting! I probably won't watch that bit, when they return to feed the babies. Any way back to nest watching! It beats housework any day. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Voting is taking place on the website for the falcons names.

I would imagine it is only a matter of days now before they fly off.

I just took my morning look at the Falcon progress, and no sign of three of them,but it looks like one has got of the ledge and I wondered if it can't get back! What do you think? It's bottom left of the picture!

I can see another, far end of the ledge!

Well, It just flew off!

The Parent Falcon has taken its usual place for the night. They fascinate me, how they can sit so still, almost like statues, right on the edge of the ledge for such a long time. I have to look at the Traffic below or feathers blowing in the wind to see if it is live viewing. I'm going to miss them when they go. I have been captivated watching them grow. It is the first time in my life I have ever seen anything like this. Definitely hooked for next year.

• Upvote 3

For anyone still awake and Falcon watching. We have just been given a real treat as the Camera zoomed in to what I think is the Parent Falcon, sitting in it's favorite place on the ledge. We have just had the head view, filling the Screen. i am sure it was watching me, watching it! I never knew they closed their eyes from the bottom up! Can't stay! must get back to viewing, I don't want to miss any thing!!! Lol

I used t think they knew they were being watched, as when I logged on. whichever parent bird was on the nest would turn it's head and seem to look at the camera......a bit unnerving!

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University