Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

I've had the thread running in the background all morning and just had a peek when I heard a lot of activity. There are definitely four eggs carni.......

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anybody seen both birds together over the last 48 hours??

The reason I ask is that the wife and I switch on the website at various times day and night and have not seen both birds together since the weekend.

What concerns us is that in daylight, there is a dark pile or shape at the end of the ledge, too far to make out but is about the size of a Falcon and has been in that position for a couple of days now.

Somebody please advise that they have seen both birds in the last few hours........................

I look at the site on and off all day. Late last night being the last time.

It has been a few days since I caught them together, but I just put it down to bad timing?

There has been a pile of something at the end of the ledge all through the winter, but I see what you mean. The dark shape is new to me. Though it could be a trick of the light? I hope all is well.

• Upvote 1

I am pleased to say at his moment there is one on the nest and another at the side on the ledge. Wonderful.9.45am

I am sorry but I don't know how to take a still image of the event, only live ones and the birds usually fly off!

• Upvote 1

Thanks carni....the wife was watching and saw the second Falcon at just gone 10.00am your time...looked a little bedraggled but it is there.

I might get some peace now............

• Upvote 1

Yes I watched this morning as one flew off and another flew in to take over nursery duties.

• Upvote 1

I have just had the pleasure of watching a change over on the nest at 8.14am, and pleased to say all looks well, I spotted all four eggs in tact.

If I remember correctly the fourth egg was spotted around the 21st March, so are we over half way (approx 18days,10-14 days to go) in the incubation period?

• Upvote 5

I have just had a really good view of the four eggs, and cannot see any pipping or fine cracks yet? Approx 30days now. It can't be long now. :)

The bird on the nest was very restless, might just be hungry after a long night, egg sitting?

• Upvote 4

Lovely. Thought it might be today. Soooo restless this morning, parent bird kept shuffling the eggs around and really couldn't seem to settle. Sadly we had to go out today, we were on a mission so this is us now back and checking in and yet again I've missed the highlights!!! Can't wait to see if I can get a peek tomorrow :)

DSC_0039_zpsjnhpcdrf.jpg

PS had to take photo on my phone as don't know how to do screenshot, so quite pleased with the outcome!!

• Upvote 5

The funniest sight just now. One parent bird on the nest, second parent bird flew in and sidled up to its mate. They then seemed to be having a conversation which probably went something like "Well you took your time" "Sorry darling but you know what Friday night traffic is like....any way what do you fancy for tea?" "I wouldn't mind a night out after all this nesting lark, still they're all asleep now so how about a nice bit of pigeon?" "Ok. I'll just nip out and get it, before the kids wake up. See you in a bit".......exit second parent bird again!!!!

• Upvote 5

I just watched all of that darkazana, wasn't it brilliant. There was a lovely scene to follow, with the parent feeding all four little beauties. It makes you wonder how they can fit all of those eyasses underneath, without squashing them?

• Upvote 1

Well they certainly can't now!!! Parent bird really struggling with both wings spread out now to protect their brood, who are all peeping out at the front!!

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University