Nottingham Falcons Trent University

173c3e4f-65a6-475c-95c6-aab9c79af2c7.png

Yesterday, the camera was turned off for a while, so that the birds could all be ringed. They are now 26/29days old. It's hard to believe they will fly in approximately two weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

There's been mention of where the birds go when they leave the nest. I've been reading the site info which states: 'We are considering using a new monitoring system in the future that might make it easier to track chicks after they leave the nest. Updates will be posted about this in due course.'

It'd be really interesting to know this, especially when they leave the UK.

• Upvote 1

Poor little Norman Nomates. I haven't been watching the falcons much this year and just logged on to see that poor little soul sitting all alone in the nest box.

• Upvote 1

My, how they've grown in the last few weeks !

There isn't a blog on the NTU website this year is there? Or is it that I can't find it?

I haven't watched the birds very much this year probably because there hasn't been any drama for them as in previous years ....... but I did enjoy reading and contributing to the blog in previously.

• Upvote 1

Oh, thanks for that Carni. I better read the previous posts before I post my own messages, eh!!

• Upvote 1

Your Welcome Gibbo. I'm in and out of The Nottm Falcon site every day, so I usually see whats happening quickly. I Tried to look on Tues 19th but a message came up saying why the camera's were off.

I have just finished watching The Florida Eagle E6 Fledge, There was a drama in that family when E5 died suddenly, and then Ozzie (The Daddy) was badly injured. He is still in Hospital, soon to be released back into the wild. Now there is only a short while left with the Falcons. Then What?

Lizzie, I had an email earlier this year from NTU to say that they would not be doing a blog as they had other projects about the falcons to concentrate on, but that they would continue to film the falcons and broadcast it. They were passing the blogging mantle to the Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust who were going to host comments from watchers on their facebook page.

Darkazana, I remember also getting an email months ago but couldn't remember what they said. I feel quite sorry now that I haven't followed these babies growing up. I looked tonight and there were none to be seen, must have gone off exploring along the ledge.

You may have missed their growing up Lizzie but if you look back through theses last few posts you will see that Carni has done a magnificent job in capturing their journey in pictures so you don't have to miss out completely :)

Well done Carni, hope you manage to get their maiden flights!! I can guarantee I'll be working when it happens.

• Upvote 3

We have been out all day, so I'm not sure where the four youngsters are? I clicked on to the Falcon Site, just as the two parents landed : each with food for the offsprings. Both birds looking a bit bemused as to where the Kids were?

15689941-a673-4e59-88db-90771a8b77b6.png

• Upvote 1

They go round corner at the far end. Can you remember the camera that was installed there last year?

I've just remembered another thing, carni. There was one falcon that was left on the ledge when all the others had flown off. It took it a while to become confident enough to fly.

• Upvote 1

There is one on its own at the moment. I can't get any sound, but its beak keeps opening wide. Probably calling for its siblings? It does look lonely. Hope your right Michael and they come skipping back from round the corner soon. Still! I suppose they have to go sometime. :mellow:

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University