Nottingham Falcons Trent University

I'm always forgetting to have a look at the falcons but I remembered today. When I put my post on (#203) there was only one sitting on the ledge for ages. Just as I was about to log out the three other falcons appeared from the bottom of the screen. Yippee. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

#203 Michael, Yes I can remember the other camera last year. I would imagine they will set it up again soon, as you say "They are usually around the corner now". They need to be quick or it will be to late. A couple of times lately when I have clicked the site, there has been a different angle shown, but it appeared to be the camera turned round, to show the ledge the other way. We could do with one round the corner again. Perhaps tomorrow?

• Upvote 1

The Photo below is not very clear, but I thought I would share it with you Falcon Watchers anyway. At 2.35pm I clicked on site, and no sign of any Birds. Just at that moment, the window opened, two hands appeared and tossed the little fellow out. Makes me wonder if the other three have found their way indoors.lol Take a look at its bedraggled, shocked face. It just sat huddled in the corner for ages. Wondering what just happened?

e4b02003-b3cb-47a6-ab09-e3c6ed3e37f2.png

It is getting very difficult to get a decent photo of the Falcons now, as most of the time the ones that are left are usually around the corner at the far end of the ledge. This photo is just to show there is still activity on the Ledge. There are two birds at the far end and one just ran into veiw from behind the camera

.51b019f1-f7c3-4eef-af34-be0aee5f90f6.png

Looks like they're about ready for take off. Not long now before they take to the skies.

Wonder if they have flown now? No sign of any falcons this morning.

Someone living locally reported that they were dispersed round the building on different levels...Yesterday one was seen perched on a wall under the watchful eyes of a traffic warden. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Yesterday at one point I saw two Falcons right up the other end of the ledge: to far away to photograph. That is all I have seen in the last 2/3 days. If you notice, the ledge is clear of any recent signs of food (My Detetective work lol). It got quite horrible at one point with all the carcasses and feathers, and they are all gone now. I will keep looking, you never know, there might be an opportunity arise for one last photo.

• Upvote 1

I never thought of that Trevor. If W-ton was anything to go by yesterday, the wind was so strong, and the tall trees were really swaying high up around us. We were out on our cycles and my hubbs thinks it was the windiest we have been out in, the side winds nearly had us over! That would definately clear the ledge.

• Upvote 1

9.30am your time and one solitary Falcon looking out over the City.................looks like a parent.

• 2 weeks later...

b46a5345-cf7a-4888-9664-8174b2ff7be1.png

Just checking yesterday morning, to see if any of the Falcons had been back, unlike last year, when they returned quite often to the ledge to eat or sleep. I missed them fledge, and I haven't seen one since. I always have a look daily, I can check your weather out at the same time. Just this cheeky chappy scavenging around.

• Upvote 2

Country File is on tele in Nottingham at this moment The Falcons are on!

#207 shows the falcon that was featured on Country File, being put out of the window. Haha, now we know what happened!

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

I have a look every morning just after dawn and it seems to be the time to catch a visitor. Missed a good shot this morning, the Falcon turned and walked towards the camera but I wasn't quick enough! I just wanted to show that they do return to the nest site through the winter.

Dave, It looked cleaner a couple of weeks ago, (could have been high wind blew a few feathers off), but I wondered if it was left so as not to put a human smell up there and put the birds off?

• Upvote 1

Dave, It looked cleaner a couple of weeks ago, (could have been high wind blew a few feathers off), but I wondered if it was left so as not to put a human smell up there and put the birds off?

Carni...most birds have no sense of smell whatsoever and talk of birds knowing if you handle their eggs by your leaving a scent is an old wives tale.

As usual in nature there are a few exceptions...certain geese,vultures and the kiwi have a keen sense of smell, but the majority, like us humans, rely much more on sight.

• Upvote 2
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University