Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

Not been able to get the link on my iPad, have always had to view the Falcons on a laptop or PC Shirley, but from memory I think you mean the Royal Concert Hall, or across the road it's the big Cinema complex.

8.45am. We seem to have two threads discussing the Falcolns. Perhaps could be merged. I have posted on this one, only because I have carried on where I left off? This morning both Falcons were on the nest site, so it looks like we are in business again this year. The one Falcon was trying to nestle down but was having a problem with a fairly large piece of white plastic in the nest. It was breaking it up and trying to move it. It did give up and fly off in the end. Really hoping it manages to remove it.

2016%20sitting.png

2016%20falcons.png

Thanks Dave but when I click on the link it tells me it's downloading but nothing happens. (I've always had that problem on my iPad). I looked at the Puffin Browser app reviews and some of the recent comments have put me off downloading it, with some stating that accounts are getting hacked. I'll wait til I get home and watch on the computer, don't think I'll miss much in the meantime.

Just paid them a visit, no falcons there but interested to see that a new camera view has been installed, using thermal imagery.

I hope the new camera improves. I looked at it at 3am this morning and everything was just a fuzzy blur. Perhaps it just needs a bit of fine tuning.

EDIT. I have just had a look and there is one Falcon just sitting on the ledge.

• Upvote 1

Just had a peek. One falcon very busy cleaning up the nest site. In fact on closer inspection it looks like she is building a nest around herself, picking up the stones and moving them around. Wonder if we shall be seeing some eggs soon :)

• Upvote 1

I was watching about 15mins earlier and at that stage; one was doing as you described and the other was sat watching. I missed my chance to catch them both on a pic, but it looks as if the action is hotting up. :)

• Upvote 1

A lot of Snuggling down going on this morning. Both Falcons were here and after the one had finished moving the "Shingle" around and then flew off; the other one took over. Every morning they both visit the nest and do a bit of preparing. Can't be long now?

[/url]">http://f1c8b767-b1b2-4de4-99e7-409999c4506d.png

• Upvote 2

Sometime between 1am and 7am 14.3 2016, the first egg was laid. Not a very interesting pic but I didn't want to risk missing the moment for all of our Falcon watchers. The next week(Egg Count) should be interesting.

8976a1e1-b17f-4663-9096-43394c516e3f.png

• Upvote 4

I last looked around 1am, afraid I can't fathom the new camera 3, it all looks just a blur through my eyes. I watch the Florida Eagles through the night on the Infrared Camera with no problem, but not on the Falcons. I really wish I had watched a bit longer, the vision is quite good in the night on Camera 2, which is directed straight at the nest.

The new camera does show heat spots,but whether the camera itself is working correctly I've no idea.I did expect something different when they announced it.

Anyway....Egg one :jumping:

• Upvote 2

Thanks for this Carni. At Clumber we have very poor wifi and no mobile service so as we are home for the weekend it's great to catch up on the falcons progress. I just had a peek at the nest but Mum (or Dad) is snuggling the eggs so I couldn't see what was there. thumbsup

• Upvote 1

At the moment I am trying to catch the egg laying times or at least as close as possible. I think the next one should be due anytime now; possibly during the night. I will have my last look at about 11pm and again about 7am, but if anyone else is keeping an eye on the action, we might get an early picture.

• Upvote 1

Sometime between Midnight and Morning 19.3.16, we have egg no3. It has taken me since 7am to get this Picture. I know the image of 3eggs isn't allthat exciting to look at so I have added some Falcon facts for you to read. I hope you enjoy the information.

http://www.ntu.ac.uk/sustainability/biodiversity/falcons/falcon_facts/index.html

8dae756f-7b31-49f6-8f79-d556050a1b4c.png

• Upvote 4

Just had a peek before coming on Nottstalgia and Mama obliged by getting up and letting me see her new addition :)

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University