Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

I wish I had known about this site a while ago, I've missed so much. I didn't open the topic because I thought it was a sports team. This morning I started watching and daddy was on guard looking over his realm and mummy was nesting. All of a sudden both moved and flew off revealing 3 fluffs. Dont know whether I looked away or whether video stopped but both had returned with breakfast. It was Lovely seeing them being fed. Couldnt make out what it was they had caught.

Its years since I was in Nottingham and although I recognise the council house I cant place where Trent University is.

Lizzie are you in France. I ask because I got the impression at first that you couldnt see them because of some sort of signal that you couldnt get on ipad. I d/l puffin browser and managed to see them straightaway on my ipad. I tried to d/l from apps but live streaming didnt work. So I typed in ntu 'falcons on google and found a link that I followed to d/l puffin. Hope this helps and hope you understand what Ive written ( I'm not very good at explaining this sort of thing )

Yes I'm in France NonnaB. Have tried loads of times over the years to get the Live Stream on my iPad without success. Will have another go now. I'll be back home in a couple of days ...... unfortunately not here long enough to come to your wine festival.

Broxtowe lad thanks , now I can get my bearings . Didnt recognise the building on the left seems all glass.

Lizzie sorry you cant make it to the wine festival. Everything is buzzing here in anticipation and nerves are beginning to fray about the weather. Forcast changes every day. Still even if it rains people will still come. Last year on the saturday night late it poured down and people were dancing in mud in the remembrance park. Not my kind of fun but they couldnt have cared less with all the wine theyd drunk.

Have a safe journey home.

Finally managed to get a picture; if you look closely you will see that today we do have three Eyasses and just underneath the parent bird you will see one remaining egg. There seems to have been something unsettling the Falcons for most of the morning, as they seem to keep getting agitated. I hope there isn't an intruder

!5932aab8-6891-4cbc-a9e4-bed9bd9289b9.png

• Upvote 2

Also when they fly away they are gone quite a while. At one point mum was busy nesting and dad on guard, then mum flew off and was gone agesDad appeared to be calling her to hurry back as the young ones were searching for food and sure enough mum returned but didnt bring lunch. I'm on ipad good clear vision but want to go on pc for a more detailed look. Have tried but all links are for mobile devices. Any ideas?

image_zpslk8voutd.png

Looking at the photo Carni we must have taken it at the same time. I never thought of enlarging it, must look how to do it.

• Upvote 3

4c402a71-6684-4995-8f9a-d61631294e8a_zps

Cropped this image but may delete it. Thought it might show up in more detail.

#402,Well Done nonnaB, I'm afraid I can't help you. Getting a picture on to Nottstalgia is my limit. I have to leave the technical stuff to others.

Edited. nonnaB, if you want a close up of the nest, try Camera 2, it is trained directly to the nest.

URL=http://s827.photobucket.com/user/nonnifelici/media/image_zpsvzamup1v.png.html]image_zpsvzamup1v.png[/url]

Tonights supper but dont know what it is

image_zpsctxedn1s.png

Ok if you won't eat it I'll take it away. You'll get it for your breakfast tomorrow

• Upvote 1

Thanks Carni I'll try that. I did see it but ignored it. Looking again at all the photos I've taken ( in case I missed something) on the last few something showed up. Look along the ledge at the far end to me it looks like the carcass of a pigeon. Maybe thats where the falcons dump them. Poor people passing if theres a sudden gust of wind. I've been looking on and off all day with my grandchildren.

Lizzie , this has been day one. Woke up this morning with lots to do but.......I'll do it tomorrow or monday ....er or even tuesday. More enthusiastic because of grandchildren. They kept asking about them. Going to be strong now and close the nest up for the night.

#407, nonnaB, By the time the youngsters have fledged, that ledge will be absolutely full of the remains of prey. It does become quite full especially towards the far end. Not for the faint hearted. But it is nature and we have to expect and accept it.

Fascinating stuff.

I recall that building being put up. My Mum taking me past there on the way to the Eye hospital and me looking at the big board with the info about the project and the 'artists impression' of the finished article.

Only ever beern in once. To see Cream around 1967.

Good luck to the birds.

Col

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University