Nottingham Falcons Trent University

First meal of the day, Pigeon. It is the second one bought to the nest in the last 20mins, but as the Falcon landed on the ledge, the other one grabbed it and ran off out of view. unless it had its fill and then returned with the remains to feed the Eyasses. The other egg is still to hatch.1d7b7c92-7ec3-4d38-8730-fc53d7e47b74.png

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

4 th egg hatched. Been watching on and off all morning now i caught a glimpse of broken eggshell . Mother still sitting on it

• Upvote 2

Missed all the excitement due to lack of wifi, but lovely to see our next generation safe and well :)

Great picture broxtowelad. I had a look earlier but couldn't get a clear image. All I got was one big white fluff ball with one set of eyes showing! Really pleased to see that they survived the snow fall with out casualties.

The parent bird just flew off and the other is standing on the ledge. I couldn't resist this shot because it looks so cute, all that white fluff and one cheeky little head popping up. The others are all OK, just snuggled back down for a bit longer.45af5e59-af49-4920-a60b-d3818cacc37a.png

• Upvote 1

Now little ones remember your table manners and don't all open your beaks at the same time.

Fantastic photo.

• Upvote 1

Wonderful photos everyone!

When I have the laptop on I have the Falcons tab there and keep taking a look. It is addictive. When I went off to make coffee my son came into the kitchen to tell me there was something wrong with my laptop because it was "making bird noises"! When I minimised my document and showed him the falcons site all was explained!

• Upvote 3

This image is very similar to my last one, but I just wanted to show you something that I have noticed that hasn't been apparent the last 2/3 years of watching the Falcons. The male bird (I think, because he looks smaller) brings the food to the nest and proceeds to feed the female until she stops taking the food. At this stage the babies get fed, mainly from the female, before he grabs the remains and takes off! I will vary my pics now i have shown two examples of the male feeding the female.

91423326-5a03-4962-b765-8e9cb30f644f.png .

• Upvote 1

Four hungry little birds this morning. See how they have grown. They have been trying to move around, but not quite strong enough to break free from the huddle. Any day now, they will find the strength.

2363fb2e-bccf-4f30-882c-7b7e77441201.png

• Upvote 1

The way carni keeps looking at those birds, I think she sees them crisp and brown on a basting tray, straight out of the oven. Yep, knowing her, that must be the reason.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't reply straight away Chulla, because I had to finish my Vienetta before it melted. The mind boggles, well you made me laugh anyway (No mean feat) according to hubbs. I draw the line at Roasted Perigrine, but it does sound rather tasty!

The little birds have been moving around the nest quite well in the last few minutes, starting to be able to stay upright when they move away from each other. They have all just had a good feed of Pigeon, and both parents are just having a scrap over the remains. I think it was the male who won. It took off along the ledge and tucked in to the carcass.

1d2972c2-1f68-4bc9-b768-b9ef4ba90455.png

• Upvote 2
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University