Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

Lovely pic. I waited for ages yesterday to get one like that but they stayed all huddled up together.

Here is another example of showing off the wing flapping to its bro's and sisters? Then a quick forward dip and the wing flapping cred is lost. See how they have grown since the 8th May.

9eff3494-5239-481c-9332-4b841571fac2.png

• Upvote 1

They grow so quickly.

We had a pied wagtail build a nest and lay 5 eggs near the fuel tank in the compound at Clumber a few weeks ago, and were looking forward to watching the eggs hatch, then suddenly one day all the eggs had disappeared and we had one very upset wagtail. Not sure if it was squirrel or magpie who had taken the eggs.

Not sure if it is the same wagtail, but last week I opened up a toilet cubicle which we had closed off and a wagtail had built a nest between the window and the flyscreen (the window had been left open when the cubicle was closed off) There are now 3 eggs in the nest and the cubicle is once again closed off and will remain so until the nest is abandoned. We are hoping this nest will be safe.

• Upvote 4

I did have a close up of the birds feeding, but chose this longer shot for a change. They have all just had a good breakfast and are watching as the parent departs. Don't they all look good sitting to attention.

a0bab346-09f0-4bfc-9d88-3ca3d831554a.png

• Upvote 2

It is so sad when these things happen darkazana, I hope the wagtails have more success in the cubicle, and hoping that you get the chance to watch their progress. Lets hope they are left in piece from predators and the public.

• Upvote 1

Are those three having a pee in the corner while the other one keeps conk?

• Upvote 2

I took this picture over an hour ago. They are getting more adventurous now. I was waiting for the fourth one to come back in shot, but it must be having a good wander about beneath the camera.

f8246a36-4ced-4301-a14d-18d1160c54c9.png[/

URL]

Havent seen them for days now but just seen the biggest one now so presume others are in the playground. Look at the sign at the back of the nest between that and the wall, its not very clear on ipad but it seems to be another small bird. What is your impression?

The birds are rarely in the nest now. They go walk about along the ledge most of the time.If you are lucky; you might click on as the camera is maneuvering around. I have just done that, and caught this shot of two of the birds around the camera. I imagine the other two were around, just out of shot.

20936844-0ef7-460a-a263-c1c19a006510.png

• Upvote 1

The biggest one always seems to be fed and the other dont seem to be bothered

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University