Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

I'm not sure if this will work, but I am hoping that the link will help you to get on the site.

http://www4.ntu.ac.uk/sustainability/biodiversity/falcons/index.html?campaignid=falcons

It seemed OK when I just tried it, This is the Link that I have on my Desktop and I use it daily with no problems. Good Luck.

• Upvote 2

Michael, There must be something different to what happens on my laptop. I have tested the link that I put on #530 and it opens OK. The three camera options are on the right side and I just click the one I want to look at. I am sorry I can't be more helpful to those of you who are not able to see the Live cam, but my knowledge of Computing is rather limited. If I log on to the Falcons and there is something worth copying, I will continue to add pictures for you all. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the first chance I have had to view the eggs for quite a few days. I clicked in this morning and the four eggs were uncovered, so I knew it wouldn't be long before a Falcon returned, just a few seconds wait and Archie returned and promptly nestled down to keep them warm. I knew it was Archie as I noticed the ring on his leg. So nice to see all eggs intact and all's well. Still quite a wait until the later part of April, when the eggs start to hatch.

e1da22ff-0958-429b-9aba-8c4847fd47d1.png

• Upvote 2

I just clicked on to the Falcon site as the change over sitting was in progress, so we can see that all four eggs are in tact and hatching time is getting closer. I have just had a look at previous images that I have posted and realise that this one is similar to #534. I will try to get a different shot next update.

f3db48a5-23c0-422c-94d6-7e9588a89958.png

• Upvote 2

Thanks for all the updates Carni,really enjoy looking at the pics,you can't get much closer to nature,the best thing is,They are Nottinghams own falcons

Rog

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I couldn't get on site yesterday and look what happened since my last visit. Two hatches. The last news given was on Friday 21st April and hatches were expected towards the end of the month, so I was quite surprised when I just logged in to the site this morning.

90e5cde6-072c-4fef-8fd4-7181314b3473.png

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, LizzieM said:

I've been relying on you to keep us updated Carni, I haven't been able to load the cameras for several days.  Will keep persevering!  

I couldn't open the cameras last week...So I binned the shortcut on my desktop...googled the site,and saved the site to favourites...everything ok now.

Still can't get on the Live Stream. Looked on the NTU Facebook page and quite a few have said they're having trouble getting on, somebody said that the Uni are not streaming through Chrome anymore so that's my problem but I'm not clever enough to find another way.  Never mind, in previous years I've spent far too much time looking at a nesting box ...... I'll now rely on Carni, broxtowelad and poohbear to keep me informed.

Lizzie, I seem to be OK getting on so I will do my best. There are a few of us keeping watch so there will be some pictures soon. I was last on site about an hour ago and sat with my finger on the trigger but couldn't get a good shot. It looked as if there were three eyasses and the egg in view was all cracked so I wouldn't be surprised if we have four sometime today. Keep watching, we'll see what we can do.

I managed to get this shot at 12.30pm. Still the three, it seems a long time for the last egg to hatch, if you look close you can see it is cracked, but it has been like that for at least 24hrs?

47192cf3-eb18-4566-b422-9b902224468e.png

• Upvote 4
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University