Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

Yes Den, if you catch them at the right time, the cameras give you different views of the ledge. I remember it happening last year. If you look close at my pictures, you will just see the time and date in the top left corner. It is probably because the Falcons spend more time away from the nest as they get older.

I was hoping some of you local Nottstalgians might be able to pinpoint the street below?

PS lol, if you can get on site, you might still catch the angle.

With reference to my comment on #578. I have not been able to get on the live cameras for a couple of days, the option doesn't seem to be available just now. so I haven't been able to add any new pictures.

For those of you who enjoy following the Falcons, I have to inform you that sadly I believe one of the birds was killed on the road outside of the building the other day. Please try in your own way to confirm this sad news.

• 7 months later...

That’s nice. Wish someone would give me guidance on finding the Falcons on tinterweb. It was simple up til couple of years ago and then things changed and I was relying on Nottstalgians (mainly Carni) to let me know how things we’re progressing on that ledge. 

Carni, I've just joined the Facebook group you suggested and have now been officially welcomed !!

• Like 1

That's good Margie, I hope you enjoy being a member and pleased that I could help. I have this link on my desktop and just click on it and choose my camera option many times a day. I also use it to see what the weather is doing live at Nottingham.LOL. I have re added the link to save any confusion as to which one I mean. Hope others on here can use it to keep track once the birds start laying.

http://www4.ntu.ac.uk/sustainability/biodiversity/falcons/index.html?campaignid=falcons

• Like 1

So lovely to see  the Falcons in this forum, I am from South Africa -love and privileged to watch the live cams. I belong to a site on facebook Nottingham Peregrines . I do quite a few screen shots as do the other members  :rolleyes: just have to work out how to post them here .Just did a beautiful one this morning with Archie in the scrape. 

I will read FAQ   I think it is just on 5 weeks we should see the first egg .My dream is one day to visit Nottingham

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I took this shot this morning, sorry it has taken all day to get around to posting it. I have noticed this falcon hasn't got a ring on its right leg. I thought the birds were ringed every year when they reached a certain age.  Just wondered if this one is a new comer.  It had quite an argument with another falcon that tried to get on the nest site just after this picture was taken. The other one didn't hang around too long.

no_ring.png

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

We have been on the road most of the  weekend and no chance to Falcon watch, so not quite sure when this first egg was laid. I just watched for a few moments this morning and Bingo, got the chance of a shot. 

1egg_2018.png

• Like 2

For everyone who follows the Falcons each year, here is some important information. Mrs P has a serious problem and has not been able to lay anymore eggs following the one and only egg laid on the 19th March. Here is the link to the Falcon site on Facebook. I suggest you read what has been said.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=nottingham ntu falcon cam

the miracle spoken about on the Link in my previous post seems to have happened I am pleased to say. At approximately 7.30am  this morning I decided to take a look at the Perigrine situation. At that moment the bird stood up and I got a shot of egg no2. I don't know when it was laid, but the bird appeared confused and lethargic. Saying that. So did I after laying my babies as well.

egg_no2_2018.png

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Great photos! I tried once more to get the live filming to work. No success so I went to FAQ on the site and was guided to this page where there were instructions for resolving the problem:

http://www4.ntu.ac.uk/sustainability/document_uploads/197178.pdf

When I followed the instructions it became clear that it was my laptop blocking the access! Unblocked now and sorted. If anyone else is having this problem then the link should help.

The Facebook page is good. Thanks for the recommendation.

Happy now!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my first photo for three weeks. I seem to have been just missing the change overs. As you can see there are three eggs still, so it shouldn't be long now before the first one hatches.Could be  any day now.

My photos of the peregrines previous to this one seen to have gone.No idea why. Any ideas please.

just_moving.png

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get this screen print today, as you can see there is now only two eggs left. Sadly I have just read on the NTU Falcon website that they expect there to be no chance of chicks this year. So sadly this is probably my last picture this year.........But you never know, miracles can happen.

getting_late.png

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been watching the Falcons with sadness this year as they have not been successful in hatching any eggs for whatever reason they have lost them all, a few minutes ago I watched again with sadness  as one of the Falcons removed the final egg from the nest. As with all aspects of life there is sadness and happiness. For people following the Falcons, I have added this final image of the Falcons from me for this year. I hope this is appropriate, even though upsetting as it is all part of life.

removal_of_egg.png

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University