Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Started following the falcons progress again and sharing some photos with my grandson (nearly 16). I have an iPad continually on all day and keep looking. I'm sure someone can help me, I can't get my bearings. I know where Trent University is but can't recognise the white building in long shot of nest and also the building on the corner. White at top but darker lower down. I was convinced that this one was the Corner Pin Pub but its in the wrong place. Many years away have warped my brain. (NO comments please)

6 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Started following the falcons progress again and sharing some photos with my grandson (nearly 16). I have an iPad continually on all day and keep looking. I'm sure someone can help me, I can't get my bearings. I know where Trent University is but can't recognise the white building in long shot of nest and also the building on the corner. White at top but darker lower down. I was convinced that this one was the Corner Pin Pub but its in the wrong place. Many years away have warped my brain. (NO comments please)

Used to be The Peach Tree before Lillie Langtry's

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:14 AM, radfordred said:

Mr & Mrs Peregrine-Falcon knocking around checking the gaff  https://www4.ntu.ac.uk/sustainability/biodiversity/falcons/index.html#

DxhhROFXgAAgI-4.jpg

Best View in The City

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Post Office & Lillie Langtry's 

God how old are you no wonder you apologize in advance.

On 4/25/2019 at 6:50 PM, radfordred said:

You been drinking Mary? :crazy:

The strange thing is, I was in Langtry's & nipped across the road to the Queens Street Post Office to collect some Euros I ordered, not 5 hours ago! 

Not yet a drop today :( i 'm sorry the way i read your post i thought Langtry's had   a PO next door to it .

Many thanks Brew. I've got my bearings now. A lot of things have changed since I lived there and when I was there last year I didn't do the tourist tour?

On 25 April 2019 at 6:25 PM, nonnaB said:

but can't recognise the white building in long shot of nest

10 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Not yet a drop today :( i 'm sorry the way i read your post i thought Langtry's had   a PO next door to it .

The Post Office on Queen Street is the "white building" nonnaB asked about? :crazy:

• Like 1

Yes thanks RR or at least I thought it was. I know PO was on Queen st but has it moved.

I have finally got the Falcon Cameras working on my laptop again. I just clicked in and caught this feeding time. I don't know if the babies were fed before my picture, but I didn't see any attempt to feed them whilst I was watching. The one Falcon only seemed to want to feed the other adult?

more-food.png

• Like 1

Guidance needed. Does anyone know why the underlined  'half indian half white baby names link' as appeared on my post before this one .I clicked on it  and gives lists of names? I have no idea how it got there. Any ideas????

1 hour ago, carni said:

Guidance needed. Does anyone know why the underlined  'half indian half white baby names link' as appeared on my post before this one .I clicked on it  and gives lists of names? I have no idea how it got there. Any ideas????

Did you copy and paste the links?

I must have done something inadvertently Brew. I see there is a light coloured border around my picture, which is unusual. As far as I know, I just did a 'Print Screen', gave it a title in my pictures then copied it to forums on 'Print Image Site'?

The 'print screen' facility can and does capture things the computer 'sees' but is not always visible to you if your screen is not using the default screen size settings. The border I have no idea about.

I suggest lying down in a darkened room with a large slice of chocolate cake till you feel better..  thumbsup

• Like 1
8 hours ago, carni said:

Not sure how you picked it up, but I've removed it now.

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University