Another apology due then. The Park again, a few of us in my mates van turn up and are refused entry despite us having a fair amount of drink with us. Disappointedly we leave and just near the gate I picked up a piece of rockery stone. The other side of the gate, I toss it over my head and over the wall. Am almighty crash as the rock hits the apex of the greenhouse. We pile into my mates van as the party rushes into the garden. We screamed down the road. Bloody hell !!!!!!!!! it's a dead end. A quick U turn and we blast back up the hill past the furious crowd baying for blood. Ours !!!!!

Sorry.

• Upvote 1

never went to parties at empty propties but sometimes friends would throw spur of the moment parties these were always the best . some good ones at the george hotel too after gigs in town . but lots of nights were spent in all night cafes like bamboo l shaped rooms white post cafe and other alnighters around the country somebody whould sudently say lets go to busy beess jacks hills or other transport or motorway cafe and of we would all go as many as a hundred bikes. tiring but some good nights.

Please dont tell your 100 biker mates what i just said to you on the "Barbers" thread!

Paul I seem to remember you being at one or two events along Tennyson Road and I know you were at Magdala Road bashes at the nurses flat.

• 1 year later...

I think in the early to mid eighties I played music at tons of 3 dayers, one morning on Private Rd.Keogh family.. I was currying baked beans..a little bleary..and the parents arrived back from holidays oops!! Vic flats,2 nd avenue and Kirkby Bellars were great ones..Rivermead flats got the whole block to come for a ' reggae n roll' night

• 4 months later...

I'm a bit late coming to this party, but Yes, I remember the parties in the 60's. Our 'gang' always met up in the Bell back room most Saturday nights, and inevitably the word went round that a party was planned on....the one I remember especially was on Forest Road, so nearing closing time we used to get tooled up from the Yates' offie on Market Street and set off loaded with bottles of Australian White, 7/6d a bottle, or Party 7's which we knick-named 'depth charges' for obvious reasons. You soon found the house listening out for the loud music and people hanging out of upstairs windows and entry gained. Coats off, thrown in a pile on a convenient bed, and let the party commence. Naturally we avoided the Yates wine as it seemed to be especially quick acting !

What amused me was that at the party, you saw the same people that you had previously been with in the Bell, other groups who you didn't really know, just nodding acquaintances, but you knew you were always in good company, like minded people, there was never any trouble and it was safe, even when you were poured out in the early hours the following morning, sometimes with just the church-goers getting up.

Great days. I still raise a smile when I go in the Bell for a swifty and think back but it just ain't right with the bar on the other side, and bouncers - well, we didn't need them in our day. Mrs Jackson let me have the upstairs room for my 21st all those years ago.

Happy memories, still rocking and trying to stay cool....

• Upvote 1

My formative years exactly Bryan. Great days.

Magdala Rd, Burns St, Mapperley Hospital, many venues in the Park, Musters Rd, you name it, I've been there.

As you say, still rockin' .

I do my best. Tinnitus plays up. Can't manage the alcohol intake, need more sleep. Otherwise I feel 23.

One on Magdala Rd in a house that was for sale at £8K +. It was cold so the skirting boards were burnt in the fireplace.

The following week, the price decreased by over 2K (Mid 60's prices)

Another at Mapperley Hospital, where a beautiful marble mantle piece was chipped all along the edge where people had opened beer bottles. A lovely grand piano full of brown ale.

Great times. Hooligans off the local council estate..... No, High School boys.

• 2 months later...

Hi Basfordred, you do realise that this topic will reveal that some of us were at the same parties doing naughty things at the same time !!!!!!!!!

Parties on Magdala road, hope drive and Lenton road the park, Radford boulevard, Noel street flats were the best !!!!!!!

Magdala Road and Radford Boulevard were party heaven. Usually found out about these in the back bar of the Black Boy hotel.

• 2 years later...

Flat 3, Cyprus Lodge, Magdala road was my flat forom 1974-1976. Many great oarties with my Boots RFC mates and pals from High Pavement GS. Always some lovely ladies and many huge cans of Watneys ? Beer. The landlard was a Mr Harold Piggin who lived upstairs but was fortunately stone deaf so good times were had by all.  I had a piano up there and coupled with a cassette  player and a 50 watt guitar amp we made a fair bit of noise.rent was £4  19s per month. I hate to think what that place is worth now,  it had two bedrooms, two fireplaces and lovely high ceilings,

Drove past recently and its proper posh now.

Phil

• Like 1