• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my short time here,i have found all sorts of people,and you form a picture of what they are like from their "posts",some are funny,clever,humourous,some are not,some "topics" i find interesting som

How anyone could not get on with this site and appreciate all the lovely people who contribute to it and keep it running is beyond me.

And that's coming from a young chick among all us wrinklies

I remember a forum where the default setting when you joined was for notifications whenever there were new posts on any thread you'd contributed to. It was hilarious seeing new members begging to be unsubscribed when their email inbox got spammed with thousands of posts.

I can only second what others have said, but I will go further. I have been on Nottstalgia for several years now. Over the years I have subscribed to several sites that have interested me. I have no hesitation in saying that the folks on Nottstalgia have been some of the best to interact with that I have come across. My only regret is that in being an expat I can't get to the get togethers. Give yourself a bit of time. You'll be glad you did.

• Upvote 2

A good start is topright menu bar of any page 'View new content'

Then left menu bar tick forums and 'content I have not read'

On the left of each topic click on the star(topics you have contributed to)

Or the dot (not contributed to) and it will take you to the first unread post.

Simples!

Not many people know that :)

In my short time here,i have found all sorts of people,and you form a picture of what they are like from their "posts",some are funny,clever,humourous,some are not,some "topics" i find interesting some i dont,some of the "members" i"d enjoy a pint with some i would"nt,but surely thats what makes the world go round,

Viv la the differences!

• Upvote 5

There are always going to be people who for reasons of their own can't get on with a forum.

I have been a member of two I could not get on with all I did was not go on line with them.

As far as I know I'm still a "member" of these two forums.

Some forums like to keep "sleeping" members on as it can boost any advertising revenue they receive.

I like this site so much I want to join again everyday, just for the nice welcome you get !!

• Upvote 3

For my own part I LOVE Nottstalgia. And I love all you guys that subscribe to it. To quote a great man, Forgive him for he knows not what he does. (or summat like that).

• Upvote 2

Pooh Bear, the gentleman stated his wish to leave because he found the site "disjointed".

That was some 48 hours after he had joined Nottstalgia and he has not been active since that post requesting that he be 'unsubscribed'..

I cannot see how you can consider how the gentleman was '..stopped at the front door..'.

Far from it! I think that the initial posts following his enrolment were welcoming to say the least. The posts, after his final post regarding leaving, extended warmth and sympathy towards this person but, despite the many good intentions and advice of members on this Forum; he did not respond nor did he return.

That said and, having given a 'tick' to katyjay's post and her thoughts, I still maintain that if anyone expresses a desire or intent to leave the Forum - It is their prerogative to do so and their request should be honoured and accepted.

• Upvote 2

I didn't say he was stopped at the front door...I said he stopped at the front door..there's a difference.One infers we stopped his exploring the site...the other that he didn't bother exploring and getting to know it himself.

You're misinterpreting my meaning.

Personally if somebody doesn't like what they see...fine...go elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

In that case, I misinterpreted your meaning, you misinterpreted mine and I am mightily pleased that we all agree.

And here was me thinking poohbear had changed his thoughts and views from Nottstalgia past.... slywink

As most here know I now live in oz, though born and bred in good ole Nottm. Since joining here I have met many like minded people whom I feel I now know but strangely have never met !

I love my daily visits to the site for my fill of nostalgia (or should that be Nottstalgia) I often sit eating my morning cereal chuckling to myself as I read some of the posts, and my wife will say "Are you on that Nottingham thing again ?"

As for disjointed, well its all there, its just a case finding, looking and reading.

• Upvote 3

Hell, we cant let members like this go?

When they start hot topics like this one.

Personally, I would not join a club that would have me as a member!

(G.Marx)

Wheel Tappers and Shunter's Club, comes to mind!

"The Committee has decided"

Good evening all. "I'm back"

• Upvote 1