"The Marquis of Lorne" listed as on Salisbury Street & on the junction with Middleton Street.

My maternal grand parents lived at number 60 Middleton Street from 1929 till they died in the mid 70s.

Melissa, I well remember my daughter being born 36 years ago & all the milestones of her life growing up, the first time she spoke, walked & first day at school etc etc. The older you get, time does fly !

You young spring chickens don't worry about growing old, just enjoy your life now to the full !

• Upvote 5

Marquis of Lorne was my Grandad & Grandma's local when they lived on Salisbury Street right up til the early 60s.

• Upvote 1

My youngest little chick is 35 years old today and yes it seems like yesterday when he burst into this World to bring us lots of joy, love, pride and plenty of stress along the way!

• Upvote 2

#17 Like me Mam always said lizzie,"they pull at your apron strings when young" and your heartstrings when there older"

• Upvote 3

#16. No I was working at the watersports centre until 7pm. It might have been my missis.

Me and the wife used to go most Fridays to the Rock N Roll 50's n 60's disco there in the early 90's. Little Elvis performing Chantilly Lace. Oh happy days. Later John? Took over. He was a jobbing builder from Bulwell. It was packed every Friday. I can't remember when we stopped going. Probably about 1997 when I had an accident and was laid up.

• Upvote 1